Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Bernard’s Tavern - New Short North Bar

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Bernard’s Tavern – New Short North Bar

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 82 total)
  • Author

RandomVisitor
    Participant

Great! Another stop to make when we bar hop the Short North.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Awesome news. Another option around the corner in case I want to kick back.

Whats the “Swentz”? must be similar to the “Schriner”

mstimple

Great, more lower priced casual dining options as well a bar options are certainly welcome. This is a great space and setup. I was wondering when someone would jump on it. I didn’t wish for the east village to go or have anything against it, but in a way I’m glad this is here instead since I’m not a lesbian and always thought the bar looked so cool, kind of like the Elevator – not upscale but not a dive either.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Hey lampdl…you’re probably hoping for that boutique hotel next door. What a boost for your business that would be.

howatzer
    Participant

when I google mapped that address, it labeled the location the “Union Station Cafe”. Never heard of that. Hopefully this place will do better in that location.

dru
    Participant

howatzer wrote >>
    when I google mapped that address, it labeled the location the “Union Station Cafe”. Never heard of that. Hopefully this place will do better in that location.

@howatzer.
    Union moved to its new location (next to La Fogata) a few blocks north a couple of years ago. Same owners kept the space for a while as East Village. But it has been empty for a while.

Google needs an update, and thankfully there is one.

Core_Models

Union Station Cafe was awesome over the years. Used to be a sawdust on the floor kind of spot with local music every week, then became kind of a gay bar/restaurant and was still a fun spot. Haven’t been in ages though.

VicVillage Guy
    Participant

I really like sitting at the bar when I go out to drink. This place will be great because it’s probably the longest bar in the Short North. I think there has to be at least 25 seats at the bar.

Patch
    Participant

Any happy hour specials…?

lampdl

Patch wrote >>
    Any happy hour specials…?

Yes there will be happy hour specials – specifics will be posted soon on http://www.bernardstavern.com

lampdl

VicVillage Guy wrote >>
    I really like sitting at the bar when I go out to drink. This place will be great because it’s probably the longest bar in the Short North. I think there has to be at least 25 seats at the bar.

There are actually 30 at the main bar and a few more seats at the side bar… great place to hangout… 5 50″ TV’s above the bar now.

lampdl

howatzer wrote >>

Hey there – let me know how you are finding it listed as the Union. The Union has moved a few blocks north. Anyhow when I go to google.com and input the address it comes up as Bernard’s Tavern. If you could help us find how you are locating it as the Union we would appreciate it so we can have it updated. Thanks for the heads up!

lampdl

Kbear919 wrote >>
    Whats the “Swentz”? must be similar to the “Schriner”

The Swentz is a specialty burger – the menu will be posted on http://www.bernardstavern.com shortly… we look forward to your feedback!

Patch
    Participant

lampdl wrote >>

howatzer wrote >>

It looks as though the “pin” is correct, but the map is not labeled correctly anymore:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=restaurants&sll=39.975258,-83.002704&sspn=0.000954,0.002411&gl=us&ie=UTF8&radius=0.06&rq=1&ev=p&cd=1&hq=restaurants&hnear=&ll=39.975258,-83.002704&spn=0.000954,0.002411&z=19

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 82 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE