Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Shopping Center in Grandview with Firehouse Subs, Bar 145, Romeo's Pizza

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping Shopping Center in Grandview with Firehouse Subs, Bar 145, Romeo's Pizza

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

groundrules
    Participant

catnfiddle said:
    I was there this summer. Loved the scenery. Hated the bars. However, having a second Columbus gastropub announced just as The Pearl opens is an interesting development (no pun intended).

i’m betting there will be very little crossover between the two.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I believe that The Crest is rebranding itself as a Gastropub as well. I wonder if the term will get as tiresome as Bistro did in the 80’s & 90’s.

leftovers

0Angle said:
    I believe that The Crest is rebranding itself as a Gastropub as well. I wonder if the term will get as tiresome as Bistro did in the 80’s & 90’s.

+1

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

catnfiddle said:
    However, having a second Columbus gastropub announced just as The Pearl opens is an interesting development (no pun intended).

Actually, it’s the third! ;)

Erik Till to Open White Rabbit Restaurant in The Brewery District

GCrites80s
    Participant

I’ll have to look into this Put-in-Bay vibe. This part of town could use some levity at times.

News
    Participant

Bar 145 Scheduled to Expand to Columbus in November
    Published on September 9, 2013 8:00 am
    By: Ayana Wilson

It sounds incredible, but it’s true. The incidences of places where one can simultaneously enjoy high-quality cuisine and awesome live music are shockingly small, even in a town like Columbus that enjoys both. Bar 145, a Toldeo-based enterprise, is poised to change that fact in our fair city.

Launched in 2011, Bar 145, whose tagline is “Burgers. Bands. Bourbon.”, cleverly combines the live music experience with a memorable dining one. They bill themselves as a gastropub firstly, their attention and commitment to local sourcing and ethical practices evident in everything they produce.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/bar-145-scheduled-to-expand-to-columbus-in-november-aw1

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

News
    Participant

Restaurant review: Bar 145 offers burgers, bourbon and restaurant trends
    By G.A. Benton Columbus Alive
    From the January 30, 2014 edition

Bar 145 is probably the next logical step for corporate chains. Embracing most every restaurant trend from the past decade — whether passe or not — this new Grandview operation (with siblings in Toledo and Kent) arduously name-drops “foie gras,” “confit” and “truffle fries” while commodifying terms like “gastropub,” “local” and “artisanal.”

READ MORE: http://www.columbusalive.com/content/stories/2014/01/30/restaurant-review-bar-145-offers-burgers-bourbon-and-restaurant-trends.html

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

stopped in Bar 145 last week and just wanted to share that I had a wonderful sandwich! I ordered the Poached Salmon BLT (I know, at a burger place!) but it was really good. Served open faced and almost more like a salad.

Also tried the Sweet Onion Soup, and it was definitely sweeter than a usual French Onion Soup, but still tasty. Although it was served in a bowl with an impractical dip in the sides which made it really difficult to eat the bread without spilling soup.

Scioto Tower
    Participant

This is my new favorite place on Wednesdays. The burgers are great, and build your own for $5! Sides are excellent as well. I can’t figure out why they are not more crowded for lunch on these days though. I hope dinner business is better.

I must say I am not willing to pay $12 or $13 for the same burger on other days though.

News
    Participant

Restaurant Review: Bar 145
    December 17, 2014 10:52 am – Miriam Bowers Abbott

Did someone say poutine? Open for almost a year, Bar 145 updated its menu a few weeks ago, and the newest edition includes a poutine option: Loaded Poutine Fries ($8). Actually, it’s not just any old poutine option, the offering is made with duck meat and veal gravy: fancy poutine.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/restaurant-review-bar-145-ma1

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Although Bar 145 isn’t my style of bar, that new menu looks amazing. I’ll def have to try the poutine.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Although Bar 145 isn’t my style of bar, that new menu looks amazing. I’ll def have to try the poutine.

When Anne and I went during lunch a few weeks ago, we enjoyed it quite a bit. I can imagine it gets a little “wild and crazy” at night with the live music and flood of young professionals looking for entertainment. But the lunch hour is pretty calm for us old fogies. ;)

OneBagTravel
    Participant

I dig this patio but in the evening it’s full brohams catching ‘the big game’. I usually walk right past it and hit up Zauber ;)

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

Anyone know what’s going on in the shopping strip just down the street with Jimmy John’s and Coco’s Grill? It looks like they just put some steel beams up in the space that was just torn down next to the old liquor store.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

The forum ‘Shopping’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The 6th Annual Columbus Dessert Festival Returns!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO