Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Margo's - New Restaurant in Development on West Broad Street

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Margo’s – New Restaurant in Development on West Broad Street

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • Author

kcrissinger

The Franklinton Josie’s is the original. They’re both related to the Catalfina family. While the pizza is similar, they’re separate entities that don’t share coupons or specials. They run pretty much independently. They’ve got great pizza at both locations!!

I guess it is another one of those westside things……

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Isn’t Plank’s almost the same thing? ;)

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Negative, Planks on Parsons > any other Planks.

DavidF
    Participant

Snarf wrote >>
    Negative, Planks on Parsons > any other Planks.

+1

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I’m a fan of the Parsons location too, but I referring more to the similarities to what Somer said… two places with the same name doing the same thing within a few miles of each other with no modern-day connection.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Is there still a GV Thurn’s? I still go to the Thurn’s on Greenlawn, but that’s a meats store and not a deli.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

alexs wrote >>
    Is there still a GV Thurn’s? I still go to the Thurn’s on Greenlawn, but that’s a meats store and not a deli.

Nope. Pistachia Vera is where Thurn’s used to be in GV.

kcrissinger

Back to the topic.

Don’t forget to buy your tickets to the fundraiser for the Mid-Ohio Food Bank if you want to sample Margo’s menu on March 6th. Email [email protected] to get your tickets.

somertimeoh
    Participant

Walker wrote >>
    I’m a fan of the Parsons location too, but I referring more to the similarities to what Somer said… two places with the same name doing the same thing within a few miles of each other with no modern-day connection.

I assumed those were connected! This town is WEIRD!!!

CDS sherman

somertimeoh wrote >>

Walker wrote >>

same here…. the planks on parsons is much better in my opinion.

ZHC

if I remember correctly Plank’s are all run by the same family. But like Josie’s different members run different ones.
    hence the name issue

Not really all that uncommon in family businesses for that to happen. There a couple others I can think off the top of my head. Usually it’s an issue of the original business surviving into the second generation/inheritance in a lot of cases. Dunno if that’s what happened with Plank’s and Josies’ but it wouldn’t surprise me.

The Goumas candy debacle in granville was the most recent example I can think of.

Battle of the BonBons

d_gerard_777

Margo’s is now on Facebook, join us as a fan! There will be more pictures up as well after the Food Bank event this Saturday. Be a part of whats NEW & COMING on the Hilltop, USA.

Parker
    Participant

somertimeoh wrote >>

Walker wrote >>

It’s like Ray’s in NYC – is it “Ray’s”, “Famous Ray’s”, or “ray’s Orginal”. Personally, I skip Ray’s, any, and head to Di Fara’s!

Here, it’s Gumby’s or FTON Josie’s, not too many others in town.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

Really can’t wait for this to open after getting to sample some of the food today at the benefit. Those fish bites with the spicy tartar sauce were awesome. You guys should do well next Lent.

kcrissinger

Thanks Jeremy. Your help was very much appreciated!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE