Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

New Thai Restaurant "Basil" Coming Soon to Short North

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining New Thai Restaurant “Basil” Coming Soon to Short North

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Tenzo
    Participant

Daz wrote >>

Tenzo wrote >>

somertimeoh wrote >>
    But there’s already plenty of options for Thai….in the hood. Why not something that the neighborhood is actually lacking? :(

How about authentic Thai?
    I have not found a good Thai place in Columbus.
    People I know from Thailand say the same thing.
    A good spicy Thai place is just the ticket for getting my sinuses cleaned out during flu season.

I think that Bangkok (restaurant) holds its own pretty well. I’ve had better food there than I had in most places in Bangkok (Thailand).

That’s still on my list.
    But thanks for the nudge, I’ll try and give it higher priority.

DavidF
    Participant

Daz wrote >>

Tenzo wrote >>

somertimeoh wrote >>
    But there’s already plenty of options for Thai….in the hood. Why not something that the neighborhood is actually lacking? :(

A good spicy Thai place is just the ticket for getting my sinuses cleaned out during flu season.

I think that Bangkok (restaurant) holds its own pretty well. I’ve had better food there than I had in most places in Bangkok (Thailand).

I second that. Bangkok is my favorite Thai restaurant and I like the store next to it too. Love the Nam Tok.

DavidF
    Participant

Sorry. Double post.

Tenzo
    Participant

DavidF wrote >>

Daz wrote >>

Tenzo wrote >>

somertimeoh wrote >>

I second that. Bangkok is my favorite Thai restaurant and I like the store next to it too. Love the Nam Tok[/u].

That does it.
    I’m going there for lunch today!

I haven’t had a good Nam Tok for almost 2 years.

But back on the original subject, Another good authentic Thai in the short north would be welcome. Especially one I can walk to.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Enjoy, Tenzo. Bangkok has been my favo for years!

DavidF
    Participant

Had the Nam Tok for dinner Friday (my birthday dinner!). Yum.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION