Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

New Pope Chosen

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics New Pope Chosen

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 96 total)
  • Author

jbcmh81
    Participant

lazyfish said:
    arguing about religion and faith is very 15th century and sooo boring. To each, her own, do unto others…..

If only organized religion and its adherents played no political or social role in the 21st century and the discussion would’ve been left in the 15th.

jbcmh81
    Participant

BTW, I find it hilarious how people are calling him the first Latin Pope when he’s from the whitest, most European South American nation and is born of European parents. He might was well be from Italy. This is a total compromise pick to attempt to please everyone, and in doing so, continue to look hopelessly backwards.

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

jbcmh81 said:
    If only organized religion and its adherents played no political or social role in the 21st century and the discussion would’ve been left in the 15th.

agreed, arguing about politics and religion is fine. I prefer to keep them separate, kind of a mental health dietary law, arguing about whose god is better/cooler ect. is too much.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

lazyfish said:
    agreed, arguing about politics and religion is fine. I prefer to keep them separate, kind of a mental health dietary law, arguing about whose god is better/cooler ect. is too much.

Having just seen Life of Pi – I would argue the yellow fin tuna god is pretty badass.

Patch
    Participant

jbcmh81 said:
    BTW, I find it hilarious how people are calling him the first Latin Pope when he’s from the whitest, most European South American nation and is born of European parents. He might was well be from Italy. This is a total compromise pick to attempt to please everyone, and in doing so, continue to look hopelessly backwards.

the dude was born in Argentina 76 years ago.

I think its safe to assume that he is Argentinian, no matter where his parents were born.

patient_zero
    Participant

That Papal Tweet should have been followed by a Harlem Shake by the Cardinals.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

This guy is straight up nuts– too funny and had to share.

Stuff like this– “THE FINAL CONCLAVE! Get ready: Will it be black… white… or blood red smoke?”

“THE CRYPTIC POEM: When the Pope walks over dead bodies of priests… the Woman prepares to ride the Beast!”

http://www.prophecyofthepopes.com/

joev
    Participant

There are already Illuminati conspiracy theories. Gotta love the lunatic fringe. As long as Pope Francis stops sex abuse by clergy, he might unlapse me.

Graybeak
    Participant

joev said:
    There are already Illuminati conspiracy theories. Gotta love the lunatic fringe.

Jay-Z chose the pope!

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Graybeak said:
    Jay-Z chose the pope!

The Pope did get a ring put on it.

joev
    Participant

I really was hoping for a Pope Beyonce, but they chose a different direction.

bjx
    Participant

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

While I’m not a huge fan of Catholicism, particularly in recent years, I have to say I like some of what New Pope has to say.

http://www.nbc4i.com/story/21677222/st-peters-fills-for-pope-francis-installation

Francis said the role of the pope is to open his arms and protect all of humanity, but “especially the poorest, the weakest, the least important, those whom Matthew lists in the final judgment on love: the hungry, the thirsty, the stranger, the naked, the sick and those in prison.”

“Today amid so much darkness we need to see the light of hope and to be men and women who bring hope to others,” he said. “To protect creation, to protect every man and every woman, to look upon them with tenderness and love, is to open up a horizon of hope, it is to let a shaft of light break through the heavy clouds,” he said.

joev
    Participant

Hey, that sounds like Christianity!

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    While I’m not a huge fan of Catholicism, particularly in recent years, I have to say I like some of what New Pope has to say.

http://www.nbc4i.com/story/21677222/st-peters-fills-for-pope-francis-installation

Francis said the role of the pope is to open his arms and protect all of humanity, but “especially the poorest, the weakest, the least important, those whom Matthew lists in the final judgment on love: the hungry, the thirsty, the stranger, the naked, the sick and those in prison.”

“Today amid so much darkness we need to see the light of hope and to be men and women who bring hope to others,” he said. “To protect creation, to protect every man and every woman, to look upon them with tenderness and love, is to open up a horizon of hope, it is to let a shaft of light break through the heavy clouds,” he said.

Needs moar action, less words.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 96 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: