Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

New Pope Chosen

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics New Pope Chosen

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 96 total)
  • Author

Jman4ever
    Participant

hugh59 said:
    This will eventually be answered, but I wonder if he named himself Francis I or if the media is just calling him that. I remember reading that Pope John Paul I chose a name including the “I” and that this was a precedent.

gramarye
    Participant

Article here (and I’m sure a million other places):

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/cardinals-choose-pope-succeed-benedict-181023715.html

Anyway, it looks like Pope Francis is already 76, so it’s entirely possible that he may not preside over the Church for any longer than Pope Benedict XVI did.

Graybeak
    Participant

Well, the first photo of him I saw was kind of far away and taken with a telephoto lens. My first thought was “He looks like Paul Shaffer”.
    Anywho, saw this paragraph from a news story on Yahoo.

“Bergoglio was archbishop of Buenos Aires, but stepped down last year. In 2010, he said allowing gay couples to adopt is a form of discrimination against children.”

story

so much for reforms.

ricospaz
    Participant

Yep, another old hard-line Pope

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Supporters of intolerance rejoice!

spfld_expat
    spfld_expat
    Participant

FSonicSmith said:
    Walker; while I have utmost respect for you and how you handle being owner/administrator, it pays to have a sense of humor. In 2013 a bunch of very old men in Rome play politics under the rubric of “divine intervention” and choose a Pope with all the attendant rite and ritual and pomp and circumstance. Forget about all the other issues the Church faces and it is still a bit farcical. No more farcical than the over-the-top attention the press and media gave to the Carnival Cruise ship being towed into port but that proves the point-yes the media cater to the masses rather than what is truly important. Nothing titillates the public like a bunch of people being stuck on a ship with shit rolling down the halls. The tail wags the dog. Whatever happened to the Fourth Estate. Well, it died, intestate. Without a will, Walker. Forgive the puns.

According to some, this pope could be the last pope…

Prophecy of the Popes

Dotson

So walker condones snarfs chief pedo comment, classy!!! Snarf you a skin nny jeans pussyboy with a loud mouth on the Internet.

Graybeak
    Participant

And returning to the dug out, from way out in left field…

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Dotson said:
    So walker condones snarfs chief pedo comment, classy!!! Snarf you a skin nny jeans pussyboy with a loud mouth on the Internet.

Is Captain Bad Touch better?

ricospaz
    Participant

Namecalling is so 1998

geoyui
    Participant

I’m sure I could google this, but why is the pope called another name? Pope George sounds better then Francis.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Dotson said:

For what its worth, I’ve never seen Snarf in skinny jeans.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Snarf doesn’t wear skinny jeans, but he did buy me a shot of Goldschläger recently.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

fun times are here again!

Pablo
    Participant

For what it’s worth, I’ve never seen Snarf.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 96 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: