Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

New Ohio License Plates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion New Ohio License Plates

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

On behalf of Governor John Kasich, welcome to “MY OHIO PLATE.” Ohio’s new license plate and driver’s license will showcase how Ohioans feel about Ohio. Please select the one slogan, phrase or fact that you think best describes Ohio! The deadline for submitting your recommendation is January 8, 2012. We’ll review your suggestions and unveil the final version later in 2012.

MORE: https://ext.dps.state.oh.us/BMVOnlineServices.Public/NewPlateSloganVote.aspx

Static-X

“Bargaining Rights” was my write in suggestion, Mr Kasich. -Why does Alan Harper dislike me so?-

joev
    Participant

The one that would do the most economic good? DiscoverOhio.com.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

Kasich seems bound and determined to replace every last thing that Strickland did no matter what it is.

Pablo
    Participant

I like this plate over the farm scene I have now. When it’s my time to renew, I’m switching plates.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

They look a heck of a lot better than the current ones.

pez
    Participant

ChrisSunami said:
    Kasich seems bound and determined to replace every last thing that Strickland did no matter what it is.

But this one was a good call.

tlb919
    tlb919
    Participant

Finally… this is definitely a good call! We can reclaim our dignity as a state!!

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Ohio: The envelope state (judging by the design)

The Beautiful Ohio plates had their flaws, but overall I liked them a bit better than the new design.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I kind of like the sample design posted that has a whole bunch of slogans, facts, URLs and other stuff all scattered about in slightly different (but complimentary) typefaces.

I’d rather see that instead of having it narrowed down to just one.

And yes, much better than the current plates. I do like the blue/yellow/green colors from a distance, but up close the clip-art-like design is ridiculous.

StateofDevotion
    Participant

This new design is so much better than the current one. That mess was part of the reason I kept the old Birthplace of Aviation red, white and blue plates.

+1 for involving CCAD on the new design.

ehill27
    Participant

Yes, a big kudos to Kasich (or whoever decided) on tapping CCAD for this project.

Static-X

I thought Kasich was all about saving money. Designing a new license plate cost money, I thought. -Why does Alan Harper dislike me so?-

anj197

I might actually be getting new plates if this is the design. I refused to change them from the white-orange style that was almost a decade old because I hated the farmland ones.

futureman
    Participant

If you like the new design, you’ll also enjoy the new driver license –

This may be the first thing I’ve approved of Kasich doing to date :)

Walker said:
    I kind of like the sample design posted that has a whole bunch of slogans, facts, URLs and other stuff all scattered about in slightly different (but complimentary) typefaces.

I’d rather see that instead of having it narrowed down to just one.

I believe what we are voting for is the slogan between the county and expiration tags, not a repeating phrase.

Anyway, about the new licenses as well….

Pink is out; New Ohio driver’s license design revealed
    The Columbus Dispatch Monday November 28, 2011 8:46 PM

Come 2013, Gov. John Kasich will wage full-scale war against Ohio’s pink driver’s license.

In January 2013, the state will begin to issue a new driver’s license devoid of the salmon-colored hue and background found on Ohio’s current license. When Kasich was issued his latest license in May, he noticed the pink hue and said “it’s going.”

The state’s new license, which like its new license plate was designed by Columbus College of Art & Design students, has a red top with white background covered by numerous words. The new driver’s license and license plates were crafted through a project led by Mark Kvamme, interim chief investment officer at JobsOhio.

READ MORE: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2011/11/28/new-license-plate-drivers-license-design-revealed.html

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE