Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

New Mixed-Use Building Proposed at High/Weisheimer in Beechwold

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development New Mixed-Use Building Proposed at High/Weisheimer in Beechwold

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

heresthecasey
    Participant

This is light on details, but Crawford Hoying has filed preliminary plans with the city for a mixed-use building in Clintonville Beechwold at the SE corner of High and Weisheimer. All that’s noted right now is that the new building would have restaurants on the ground floor with condominiums above.

Currently the site is home to a medical office building,

http://goo.gl/maps/ucBMd

phaedrus
    Participant

I live on this first block of Weisheimer and am real excited to learn of this proposal. I think it would be a good fit for the neighborhood.

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

But the real question is will it have enough parking!?

Seriously though, thanks for the projects you always catch, heresthecasey.

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Fortunately this area isn’t as stressed for parking as Clintonville south of North Broadway. That being said, I wouldn’t be surprised to see organized opposition as it typical in the area.

News
    Participant

Mixed-Use Development Moving Forward in Clintonville
    May 21, 2015 6:00 am – Brent Warren

Local developer Crawford Hoying is moving forward with a three-story mixed-use development at the southeast corner of North High Street and Weisheimer Road in northern Clintonville. The top two floors will contain eight market-rate apartments while the entire ground floor will be occupied by Bareburger’s second Columbus location.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/mixed-use-development-moving-forward-in-clintonville-bw1

News
    Participant

Bareburger Adding Clintonville Location, Delivery Service
    May 18, 2015 2:53 pm – Rebecca Wagner

Just over a year after their March 2014 opening Downtown, New York-based gourmet burger joint Bareburger will be welcoming a second location in northern Clintonville.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/bareburger-adds-clintonville-location-delivery-service-rw1

Pablo
    Participant

This is nice. Too bad Crawford Hoying built a crappy one story at California and High.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

This is nice. Too bad Crawford Hoying built a crappy one story at California and High.

That wasn’t their original plan there, was it?

IIRC, the neighborhood/commission turned that one into a single-story development due to parking and density concerns…

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

I actually have nothing bad to say about this. Looks nice.

Pablo
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Pablo wrote:</div>

That wasn’t their original plan there, was it?

IIRC, the neighborhood/commission turned that one into a single-story development due to parking and density concerns…

The CAC rejected the initial 4 story that was proposed by a different developer. My understanding is that a 3 story would have worked on that site without any variances. Regardless, the Beechwold project could be a great example for any new, small infill projects in south Clintonville.

heresthecasey
    Participant

The best part about this project?

“The plan for the site utilizes existing zoning and does not require any variances, meaning it will not be going before the Clintonville Area Commission.”

Can’t wait to see it start going up!

welkstar
    welkstar
    Participant

I’d like to see a site plan for this development. The building is nice, but it looks like there’s a large surface lot off to the side. The parcels in Clintonville on High St just aren’t deep enough to tuck much parking behind buildings. It’s a strange trend lately in that area to have a building designed with density/pedestrian access in mind, then have a surface lot next to it on the same High St frontage.

phaedrus
    Participant

Construction fencing was going up when I drove by this morning.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: