Our City Online

Messageboard - Music

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

New Lydia Loveless EP available

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Music New Lydia Loveless EP available

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

blammo
    Participant

We recorded this EP to sell on our month-long European tour which we just returned from on Monday. And in classic Columbus form, it was finally available yesterday. And I haven’t even seen an actual copy yet. BUT it is available online. And you can order a physical copy from Bloodshot records (which I recommend, as it includes great cover art by Bob Ray Starker, shitty photos by me of Cooper stadium, and the lyrics!). Spin quoted the briefest of blurbs in the link below, but fuck, it’s “Spin” so I might as well post the link for the minimal street cred.

http://m.spin.com/articles/10-albums-you-can-hear-now-eminem-mia-lamb-of-god/

https://www.bloodshotrecords.com/album/boy-crazy-ep

We don’t have any Columbus shows scheduled for the rest of the year but we’re trying to get something together as soon as we see get a box of discs. (for christmas we want to give you our disc in a box)

thanks!

Ben

blammo
    Participant

Hey, just a heads-up to let everyone know we are playing Friday, November 29 (BLACK FRIDAY!!!) at 4 pm at Lost Weekend Records (2960 N. High St.) for FREE!

Todd May (our guitar player) will be playing an opening set, and then Lydia Loveless will perform with a full band. It’ll be fun, and lots of copies of our new EP “Boy Crazy” will be on hand for purchase. This is our last show in Columbus this year (unless something else comes up) so if you want to see Lydia perform in a tiny venue for free, this is probably your best opportunity.

Thanks!

Graybeak
    Participant

This seems like as good a place as any to put this article from Spin Magazine.

5 Best New Artists

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Nice !!!

Rusty1
    Rusty1
    Participant

Right on…

DavidF
    Participant

I heard a Lydia song on World Cafe on Wednesday. It was pretty great and the host said some nice things about it too.

He also mentioned she was from Columbus. Well, Columbus, Ohio.

placebohigh
    Participant

Lydia’s new album came out today on iTunes! Download it, it’s really fantastic I’ve been listening to it all day!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Music’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE