Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Franklinton Tap Room - New Liz Lessner Restaurant in Franklinton

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Franklinton Tap Room – New Liz Lessner Restaurant in Franklinton

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

futureman
    Participant

I just read the article HERE and what really caught my eye were these paragraphs –

Franklinton in flux

Can a mixture of entrepreneurship, new housing and artistic creativity revive the neighborhood?

By Steph Greegor

Published: Wednesday, June 9, 2010 7:35 PM EDT

In addition, “We’ve been working on a destination restaurant” for Franklinton, said Lessner, noting that the new venture, Tramp, will specialize in South Philly Italian cuisine. “I’m working with Tim Lessner (co-owner of Tip Top) and Carmen Owens (co-owner of Surly Girl) to get it going.”

So as local folks flock to the West Side on Saturday for the “Go West!” arts and music festival, Sweeney hopes affordable housing, arts and the Lessner effect will persuade still more people to drop by permanently.

READ MORE

Any know anything else?

catnfiddle
    Participant

Omigod, if they can import their bread from Amoroso[/url], THAT would be the coup that makes it genuine South Philly. Trust me, it’s all about the rolls.

I’m guessing this will be next to existing restaurants. It looks like Los Camperos might be closed since it was dark and empty when I was in the area a couple of days ago for lunch, so that may very well be the spot. It’s already got a patio too.

I thought the article was quite good.

Twixlen
    Participant

Columbusite wrote >>
    I’m guessing this will be next to existing restaurants. It looks like Los Camperos might be closed since it was dark and empty when I was in the area a couple of days ago for lunch, so that may very well be the spot. It’s already got a patio too.

I was just thinking the same thing – that place has the bones and parking to make it work. Decent sized without being big or small, patio… parking. And the building always seemed to be in good shape, so not a huge rebuild.

BRING IT!!

K+M

mmmmm…another Lessner establishment is always good news!

As a side note I also thought the compost aspect was a great idea. I’m sure Liz is a savvy businesswoman who has all the bases covered and the article did mention getting approval from SWACO but for a new compost facility you’d also need to contact Ohio EPA. It was a subtopic, though so it makes sense that the whole approval process wouldn’t be covered too deeply.

futureman
    Participant

where is Los Camperos located?

groundrules
    Participant

the speculation in this thread rivals that of the old Rosendales building.

somertimeoh
    Participant

futureman wrote >>
    where is Los Camperos located?

Broad, just east of Tommy’s.

columbusfoodie
    Participant

catnfiddle wrote >>
    Omigod, if they can import their bread from Amoroso[/url], THAT would be the coup that makes it genuine South Philly. Trust me, it’s all about the rolls.

+1. And doable, since there is an Amoroso roll distributor in the area (they supply Benny’s Cheesesteaks in Dublin). And I would give my left ovary for a decent cheesesteak stromboli in town.

spyder33

groundrules wrote >>
    the speculation in this thread rivals that of the old Rosendales building.

+1

gramarye
    Participant

If speculation were banned on these boards, the post count and hit count would drop like the Michigan football program.

BCNation
    Participant

gramarye wrote >>
    If speculation were banned on these boards, the post count and hit count would drop like the Michigan football program.

:o( :o( :o( :o( :o( :o( :oP

somebuckeye
    somebuckeye
    Participant

Los Camperos has been closed since winter, and I miss it very much. I went there about twice a week last fall because I knew it wouldn’t last. I would be very excited if Liz et al were to open a restaurant in Franklinton.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

The potential for revitalizing Franklinton is staggering. To have someone like Liz Lessner leading the charge is a boon for this entire community. Where Liz’s brilliance goes, I’ll surely follow.

columbusfoodie
    Participant

somebuckeye wrote >>
    Los Camperos has been closed since winter, and I miss it very much. I went there about twice a week last fall because I knew it wouldn’t last. I would be very excited if Liz et al were to open a restaurant in Franklinton.

Me too – especially if I get into nursing school and am down there 5 days a week anyway. :) Given it’s proximity to downtown, I think the revitalization has a great chance of succeeding.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: