Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

New Jimmy John's in the Arena District

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining New Jimmy John's in the Arena District

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

surber17
    Participant

I was told today that a new Jimmy John’s will be opening in the arena district soon. My bet is it will be in the spot by Ted’s Montana Grill (I saw some Jimmy John’s exec’s looking around that spot a few months ago). I think this is great news because quick, cheap, semi-healthy options are always needed in vibrant neighborhoods.

geoyui
    Participant

I’m happy to see new businesses move in, but is Jimmy John’s the best tennant for that corner?

heresthecasey
    Participant

Do you mean this space?

http://goo.gl/maps/1nfCW

It will be really nice to see that filled in finally. Hoping they keep some kind of evening/weekend hours like the one on Front does.

surber17
    Participant

I know all the Nationwide workers will be stopping there for lunch (if it goes in there. Also, you will see hundreds of new workers and residents over the next 14 months.

surber17
    Participant

@heresthecasey …. that’s my guess, but I’m not sure.

A161830
    Participant

I work in the AD and we are definitely in need of some lower-priced, quick lunch options in this area. There will be another 800+ employees in the AD when Columbia Gas moves in late next year so the demand for places like Jimmy John’s will be there.

buckette13

A161830 said:
    I work in the AD and we are definitely in need of some lower-priced, quick lunch options in this area. There will be another 800+ employees in the AD when Columbia Gas moves in late next year so the demand for places like Jimmy John’s will be there.

+1 It is nice to see the how fast the AD is growing as a daytime workplace. It would be great if more fast food options were available.

Schoolboy
    Participant

Where will the delivery guys park? I wonder if they even will deliver.

columbusmike
    Participant

buckette13 said:
    +1 It is nice to see the how fast the AD is growing as a daytime workplace. It would be great if more fast food options were available.

I’d prefer more locally owned delis and takeout over most fast food garbage.

Graybeak
    Participant

Schoolboy said:

Stuff from Jimmy John’s on Front St is delivered to our building at 4th and Broad on bicycle.

surber17
    Participant

Schoolboy said:

Delivery will be done by bicycle, they’re already recruiting delivery cyclists.

GCrites80s
    Participant

I can’t remember if I like Jimmy John’s or not.

geoyui
    Participant

columbusmike said:
    I’d prefer more locally owned delis and takeout over most fast food garbage.

Jimmy John’s serves decent grub, but I agree, I would have preferred something other then a chain.

A161830
    Participant

There are two, locally-owned delis in the AD already (Dale’s and Belmont) but its nice to have other options. Plus the rent in the AD isn’t exactly cheap.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

I don’t know about sandwiches, but I think the Arena District could certainly use some more soulful, sensual, sexy house music.

Amirite?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE