Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

iPhone 4s

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

that would disappoint a lot of people. PR nightmare IMO

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

two phones.
    the “awesome” new 5, plus an entry model, the 4s.
    the new phone’s screen will go all the way to the edge, but neither will have a screen bigger than 3.75 (in order to keep calling it “retina display”)
    sprint gets it, t-mobile doesn’t.
    neither will be 4g.

the droid incredible 2 will still be the better buy (for a 3g phone)

WILDMAN
    Participant

groundrules said:
    not all droid phones are created equally- huge range of hardware quality that runs that particular operating system. and the Incredible isn’t ‘by verizon’, it’s by HTC.

Yes, it is by HTC. I meant to say I have my current phone is through Verizon.

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

wildman, do you have the DInc 1 or 2? i’m hoping to talk to someone who uses the speakerphone on their”s a lot, because unless iphone5 completely knocks my socks off, i’ll be picking up a DInc2 this month, but the speakerphone is a KEY part of my phone use, so it’s a deal-breaker for me . . .

opinions?

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

bastardsuperstar said:

sprint gets it, t-mobile doesn’t.

ok, so from what i’ve read today, sprint spent 20 billion on 30.5 million iphones (over the next 4 years) so maybe “sprint gets it, nobody else does!

(well, for like 6 months, probably)

and then the 4s for everybody else . . .

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Brant said:
    Internet speculation (fwiw) claims that Apple won’t be announcing an iPhone 5 but rather an iPhone 4S, similar to the way the 3G was followed by the 3GS. Expect a faster iPhone 4 that backs up everything in the iCloud.

Yep, don’t be holding your breath for an iPhone 5 tomorrow. Most likely not going to happen.

Here’s the best info out at the moment:

http://gizmodo.com/5846107/what-to-expect-at-apples-iphone-event-tomorrow

WILDMAN
    Participant

bastardsuperstar said:
    wildman, do you have the DInc 1 or 2? i’m hoping to talk to someone who uses the speakerphone on their”s a lot, because unless iphone5 completely knocks my socks off, i’ll be picking up a DInc2 this month, but the speakerphone is a KEY part of my phone use, so it’s a deal-breaker for me . . .

opinions?

I have the one. I do use the speakerphone and it works just fine. no major problems that I have had with the speaker phone to be honest with ya. just let me know anything else you want to know about it and i’ll be happy to share my two cents on the matter.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

It may not be called an iPhone 5, but it might as well be. I want one so bad right now. Can’t wait to pre-order.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/04/apples-lets-talk-iphone-keynote-liveblog/?sort=newest&refresh=60

Mister Shifter
    Participant

The new Siri feature = BAD ASS.

Dang, Apple rules. Sorry, they just do.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:
    The new Siri feature = BAD ASS.

Dang, Apple rules. Sorry, they just do.

hell yeah.

fuck a droid incredible bionic x eris x2 3 pro or how every many versions of that bs are out there.

iphone all day, OG!

Twixlen
    Participant

I’m excited about the 2 antennas thing… it always seems to happen that I get a text while I”m in the middle of sending an email & the phone completely crashes. *overload* *overload* *alert*

Mercurius
    Participant

Is ISO5 going to be free if you already have an IPhone? I didn’t see a price.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Mercurius said:
    Is ISO5 going to be free if you already have an IPhone? I didn’t see a price.

Previous OS upgrades have been free. Though older phones won’t be able to take advantage of all of the new features.

Twixlen
    Participant

Walker said:
    Previous OS upgrades have been free. Though older phones won’t be able to take advantage of all of the new features.

Yeah…. looks like the cut off is 3Gs…

maveric1
    Participant

Meh, It was pretty underwhelming for me. It’s just a faster iPhone 4 with better camera. The presser was more about the iOS 5 which was pretty sweet.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: