Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Aab India Restaurant on Grandview Avenue

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Aab India Restaurant on Grandview Avenue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)
  • Author

JonMyers
    Participant

Dru, I take it you heard about that episode? Ahh, these people will never live it down. :)

dru
    Participant

JonMyers wrote >>
    Dru, I take it you heard about that episode? Ahh, these people will never live it down. :)

I just made an educated guess as to who the presumably bemused Brit might have been.

I need to go try some of that food though.

takeasiesta

dru wrote >>

JonMyers wrote >>

I just made an educated guess as to who the presumably bemused Brit might have been.
    I need to go try some of that food though.

Please come in! I need some entertainment tonight when I purposely salt all of the rims of your drinks.

JonMyers
    Participant

I’ll be in soon. Cavs with the fellas tonight though. TAS – when are you there next?

takeasiesta

I’m off Friday but will be in Saturday night and all day Sunday. Not sure of my schedule next week yet.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

When is the CU meetup here?

catnfiddle
    Participant

We’ll try to come in on Saturday. I don’t do TOO spicy, but I love the flavors!

JonMyers
    Participant

TAS, I’m out of town Sat -> Sat … I’m definitely checking it out when I return.

takeasiesta

@lifeontwowheels – Not sure if we’re ready yet for an official CU meetup. Give us a couple of months to make some cash then we’ll be ready for the CU crowd.

@catnfiddle
    – Most entrees have an option of six spice levels so we can accommodate everyone. Ask for me, I’ll be around :)

@JonMyers
    – No worries, friend. We’ll see you when we get back. I’m totally going to punk you.

JonMyers
    Participant

TAS, uhh ohh I can see a mango lassi with rum, extra dry in my future.

Trame
    Participant

We’ve been here 3 times since they’ve opened, including Friday when we showed up around 7pm and actually had a 15 minute wait for a table! We also introduced 2 people to Indian food, so that was a treat.

The food has been just outstanding here. The service could use a little practice, but if the current staff sticks with it they’ll be a top establishment in no time.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Finally made it there myself over the weekend.

Great food and we had no problems with service.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

RESTAURANT REVIEW | AAB INDIA RESTAURANT
    [b]Wide choice of newcomer occasionally falls short[/b]
    Thursday, May 27, 2010 6:34 AM
    BY JON CHRISTENSEN
    FOR THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

[i]Seemingly determined to compete for the first listing in the phone book, the owners of Ambar restaurant in Cincinnati have chosen Aab India Restaurant as the name of their first venture into the Columbus market.[/i]

[i]In the former Thom’s, the space is arranged much as it was, with a long bar area along the north wall. The menu is devoted mostly to north Indian food and has plenty of meat, poultry and seafood items in addition to vegetarian selections.[/i]

READ MORE: http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/weekender/stories/2010/05/27/wide-choice-of-newcomer-occasionally-falls-short.html?sid=101

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.