Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Aab India Restaurant on Grandview Avenue

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Aab India Restaurant on Grandview Avenue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 133 total)
  • Author

futureman
    Participant

Just drove by the formers Thom’s on Grandview Ave today and saw a sign for a new Indian place from “Ambar’s in Cincinnati”. I found the website here – http://www.ambarindia.com. Not sure if it is the correct place or not, but it’s *awesome* to see an Indian place opening up in the area. Also they have a phone # up in the window for employment.

The Hegemo

Oh man, I love Ambar India! This is awesome news!

penelopus

i hope this rumor is true! :)

Talcott

Ambar is one of my favorite Indian places. This is awesome news.

NerosNeptune
    Participant

Awesome. I have always heard good things about that place, and I’m pretty sure someone told me they have something to do with my favorite Indian place when I lived in Dayton (Jeet India).. maybe not, but either way I’m excited. I liked what I got there a lot more than what I get here in Columbus at Taj Mahal.

Stacky

I heard the same family that owns Jeet India near WSU also owns Amar India near the Dayton Mall (and their coupons look alike :) ). I almost got Ambar confused with them – my high school friends still meet every year for a reunion at Amar India. I haven’t found another place in Ohio that compares yet so will look forward to trying Ambar!

pixiecrinkle
    Participant

Ambar in Cinci is one of those awesome places where you can get a sampler dinner on a “silver tray” (that looks like a metal cafeteria tray) and get tastes of all kinds of great stuff on the menu. I am crossing my fingers this one is true.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

My friends from Cinci swear by Ambar. I’m stoked.

JonMyers
    Participant

Wow, great news. When does this place open?

NerosNeptune
    Participant

Thanks Stacky, I had them confused. I’m not sure about what regions of India Jeet/Amar and Taj Mahal are all from, but I hope this new one is more like Jeet/Amar.

Columbusite

Aren’t there two Ambars right next to each other in Clifton? Wish I went there instead of a crappy local version of Chipotle. Oh well, now I can.

Urban Knight

While Indian food is certainly vegetarian friendly (although the [main] reasons for said vegetarianism depend on dubious metaphysics) that is, perhaps, all it has in its favour; for it is–on the whole–a variety of food that one can smell from a kilometre away. The spices used are often overpowering and offensive, they produce odours that are “foul and unpleasant” as Thomas Paine described it. After eating such “food” one always walks away with the meal and never away from it. In short, I see no reason for excitement in this particular thread.

takeasiesta

Urban Knight wrote >>
    While Indian food is certainly vegetarian friendly (although the [main] reasons for said vegetarianism depend on dubious metaphysics) that is, perhaps, all it has in its favour; for it is–on the whole–a variety of food that one can smell from a kilometre away. The spices used are often overpowering and offensive, they produce odours that are “foul and unpleasant” as Thomas Paine described it. After eating such “food” one always walks away with the meal and never away from it. In short, I see no reason for excitement in this particular thread.

As a person of Indian descent, I am thoroughly offended by your post. “The excitement” stems from the fact that there are two Mediterranean places and no Indian restaurant in that vicinity. I currently drive 15-20 minutes out of my way to eat at a good Indian restaurant. Just because your body can’t handle Indian cuisine does not mean you have the right to put down the food of the second highest population in the world. It’s rude and immature of you to insult something that has a complex flavor profile that you don’t understand.

India is one of the hottest places on earth and the point of those spices was for preservation of meats before there was refrigeration, which many people still don’t have because of the extreme poverty that is still there.

I love indian food – hopefully the place is good and maybe not so pricey. I find that a lot of the decent indian places in columbus are rather expensive.

DavidF
    Participant

Urban Knight wrote >>

Why bother posting in this thread then? Here’s an idea, stay away from Indian food and any discussion pertaining to it.

Personally, I’m excited to have more options in Columbus. Now I really need a samosa.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 133 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE