Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Lucky's Farmers Market - New Grocery Store in Clintonville

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping Lucky's Farmers Market – New Grocery Store in Clintonville

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 112 total)
  • Author

cbus11

Wow, this is really big news. I didn’t see this one coming.

It sounds like a really nice grocery option. I can see it becoming a draw.

leftovers

My wife will be excited to hear this as she made us a New Years resolution to eat more organic foods. I think being next to a large Giant Eagle might give it an edge over the downtown Hill’s Market and the new expanded Whole Paycheck on Lane Ave as it is hard to do all of your shopping in these smaller, pricier specialty markets regardless of what they say.

The good news for us is that we are near the middle of this triangle of food. The nice new Short North Kroger is also within walking distance for the staples. It wasn’t that long ago that the old Kroghetto was our mainstay. The grocery scene has changed a LOT in the last 3 years.

roy
    Participant

buckette13 said:
    I think this is something like what people would like near the new Columbus Commons apartments.

North Market.

bucki12

Friends who live in Old North Columbus were just telling me how they miss the closed Sunflower Market in the Gateway. I think this will be perfect for them and possibly a better location then what the Gateway offered. As someone said you need to have the right mix of money and demographics to support a store like this and I think Clintonville has that.

As far as being next to Giant Eagle, Huffman’s in UA is doing fine and it just down the street from the GE Market District. Of course there are a lot of people and $$ in UA.

mrmann

It will be good to see that plaza revamped. I hate to admit it, but I have had more than my share of meals in the questionable Chinese Buffet attached to it.

Depending on how they cut it up, there is actually a good amount of space there.

Cookie

mrmann said:
    It will good to see that plaza revamped. I hate to admit it, but I have had more than my share of meals in the questionable Chinese Buffet attached to it.

It recently reopened as an adequate Chinese restaurant.

futureman
    Participant

any idea how many square feet this store is going to be? Looks to be larger than Weilands which would make it the largest of the small grocery stores in the area.

ricospaz
    Participant

futureman said:
    any idea how many square feet this store is going to be? Looks to be larger than Weilands which would make it the largest of the small grocery stores in the area.

You ever been in that Goodwill? It’s not particularly big.

heresthecasey
    Participant

Didn’t this location used to be a Big Bear before they moved across the street to the now-Giant Eagle? (When the bowling alley burned down?)

mrmann

ricospaz said:
    You ever been in that Goodwill? It’s not particularly big.

That building is fairly deep, the thrift store used a good chunk for sorting and storage. I don’t have a clue what the total square footage is though.

Pablo
    Participant

heresthecasey said:
    Didn’t this location used to be a Big Bear before they moved across the street to the now-Giant Eagle? (When the bowling alley burned down?)

It used to be Kroger before it moved to Broadway & High. The Big Bear across the street replaced the Lane Ave. roller rink Big Bear (I think).

Kahiki

Cookie said:
    It recently reopened as an adequate Chinese restaurant.

Does anyone else realize that Lucky’s Grocery store will be in the same shopping center as Lucky Dragon restaurant?? We are through the looking-glass, people.

countessbranca
    Participant

I think this will be a boon for the neighborhood. While it’s a bit close to other small markets (Weiland’s, Clintonville Community Market), I think that those are niche-y enough to survive. If anything, the increase in local competition might result in improvement in those markets, too.

Being located on the busline might also bring business down from Worthington and up from the campus/downtown area, or at least until the Hills location downtown fills the gap.

Graybeak
    Participant

joev said:
    And a left turn at North Broadway.

And a gas station c-store.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Graybeak said:
    And a gas station c-store.

And food trucks.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 112 total)

The forum ‘Shopping’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: