Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

New food Trucks/Ideas?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining New food Trucks/Ideas?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Edward

Has anyone heard of any new food trucks coming online this year? I’d love to start a discussion about what kind of Food trucks/trailers/push carts Columbus would like to see…

I am amazed at the variety of food trucks that similar cities like Austin Texas have yet we have hardly any!

Coy
    Participant

Word has it that these folks got a truck (already had a cart as of late late year)
    http://earthscrust.blogspot.com/

cowtownposse
    Participant

I would love a Bahn Mi truck/cart.

Yes, Coy, word on the street is true! We bought a truck, and are currently building out a combination Juicebar & Pizza truck, with a focus on local organic ingredients & vegan/vegetarian friendly foods. Hope to be ready by this summer!

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

Pierogi Truck :)

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

prison food cart. veggie nuggets,grits and gravy.

AmyArt21
    Participant

Kosher Deli food truck! Knishes!!!

10sun

Sushi truck!

I recently came across a design someone made in Austin with a 20′ cargo container… really spiffy.

Container-Based SushiBOX in Austin

Here’s another take on that style of restaurant:

http://www.muvboxconcept.com/en/gallery.html

It’s a cool concept.

1. “Who Wants a Hot Dog.” It’s like a regular hot dog truck, but the guy running it puts the hot dogs in a bag, and he throws them at people walking by. If you get hit with a hot dog you must buy it ($2.50.) The catch is that he’s a good pitcher, so it’s very profitable. The other catch is that the hot dogs are really good, so you walk by the cart really slow, because you want to be hit.

2. “Orange You Glad.” It’s a lot like Orange Julius, it’s orange milkshakes and pina colada milkshakes. It should taste as much like Orange Julius as possible (maybe find some ex-Orange employees who want to work for the truck.) You can’t use the Orange Julius name because of copyright, and it won’t sell Strawberry Banana, because those are the worst.

3. “What’s Soup.” The name pulls you in because it’s friendly, and when you get to the counter, it’s just French Fries, because everyone likes fries. If you ask what kind of soup they have, the guy in the truck just smiles and says “What’s soup?” That’s their catchphrase.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Ha! 3 great concepts! ;)

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

Edward wrote >>
    Has anyone heard of any new food trucks coming online this year? I’d love to start a discussion about what kind of Food trucks/trailers/push carts Columbus would like to see…
    I am amazed at the variety of food trucks that similar cities like Austin Texas have yet we have hardly any!

Hardly any? I was under the impression we were in the midst of a food truck explosion here (not a literal one!).

http://streeteatscolumbus.com/

At any rate, I’ve been trying to convince my wife’s cousin, who is an amazing baker, to move to town and start a dessert cart. Other than that, I’d love to see a dim sum cart –although on second thought it would probably be hard to provide quality dim sum out on the street without a full kitchen.

Maybe just an Asian street foods cart with dumplings, spring rolls, turnip cakes, scallion pancakes and so forth.

Also, a cart with roast corn rubbed down with salt, hot pepper and lime. I think that’s an Indian way of doing corn. They used to have carts like that in Kenya, but it would be even better here in Columbus with our good Ohio corn. You could have butter as an alternate option for the less adventurous, or even those Mexican mayo-and-cheese corn concoctions you find at Latino Fest.

And a baked potato cart with all the fixings available.

Hmmm…. I must just be hungry right now. Must be lunch time!

Edward

Does anyone have any info on the grilled cheese truck that is opening up?

The Cheesy Truck will be here first week of April. We plan to do some charity events/fun stuff and completely be up and running by end of April. Stay posted @ http://www.thecheesytruck.com ,you can link to Twitter and Facebook.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE