Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

New Domino's Downtown

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining New Domino's Downtown

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Graybeak
    Participant

I just read an article that says they are opening a new Domino’s franchise at Gay and Grant, in the other half of the building that Betty’s will be occupying.

Dispatch article

Two tastes that taste great together…

dru
    Participant

hold on, a pizza chain? the Discovery District “went corporate,” “jumped the shark” and became “uncool” in record time.

News
    Participant

Dominos Opening Sit-Down Restaurant in The Discovery District
    Published on January 8, 2014 11:05 am
    By: Walker

An empty office at the corner of Gay and Grant will be getting two new restaurants instead of just one. On January 1st we broke the news that Betty’s Fine Food & Spirits will be relocating to the building in mid-2014 from their original Short North location, and now a local franchise operation for Domino’s pizza is announcing plans to open in the other half of the building.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/dominos-opening-sit-down-restaurant-in-the-discovery-district

bayrea
    Participant

Ying and Yang

heresthecasey
    Participant

It’s great to see retail options expanding so quickly in this area.

matthewd1980
    Participant

Hopefully, they’ll deliver to NoBo! Donato’s is the only place I know of that currently delivers to us, it’d be nice to have another option, even if it is a chain!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

heresthecasey said:
    It’s great to see retail options expanding so quickly in this area.

+1

Sounds like a great super cheap option for CCAD students, CSCC students and office workers in the area.

Though the pizza by the slice at Hill’s is cheap too. And tasty! ;)

johnwashere
    Participant

Walker said:
    +1

Sounds like a great super cheap option for CCAD students, CSCC students and office workers in the area.

Though the pizza by the slice at Hill’s is cheap too. And tasty! ;)

Love the Hills pizza by the slice! I am also excited for dominos… I’ve been digging it the last few years. Its cheap and much better than it used to be. Plus I like how they have free delivery with shoprunner. Its always nice to have another pizza option in the area… especially since that donatos on grant is horrible.

Graybeak
    Participant

johnwashere said:
    especially since that donatos on grant is horrible.

And, the fact that they don’t deliver north of Broad St. has always caused me consternation.

NEOBuckeye
    Participant

Meh, Domino’s is just okay. Would’ve preferred something locally-based than yet another national fast food outpost. Even Donato’s would have been better.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

I was hoping that Clever Crow would move into the space and try to resurrect itself, but–odd pairing this surely is–I’m excited that another business is moving into the neighborhood.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

NEOBuckeye said:
    Meh, Domino’s is just okay. Would’ve preferred something locally-based than yet another national fast food outpost. Even Donato’s would have been better.

There’s already a Donatos just a few blocks south at Grant & Main.

johnwashere
    Participant

NEOBuckeye said:

I would’ve preferred Flyers Pizza (its like donatos when it used to be good) or a little ceasers but this will do! I love me some cheap pizza :)

Graybeak
    Participant

I am still hoping for a Massey’s downtown, since the one across from the park (apartments) fell through.

pez
    Participant

NEOBuckeye said:

Well the franchisee is locally-based. Not sure what the difference would be if he licensed Donato’s rather than Domino’s.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE