Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Apartments at Grandview Yard

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The Apartments at Grandview Yard

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

I was at Urban Active today and noticed they are digging at the north end of the parking garage and just west of the garage..does anyone know what is going in?

futureman
    Participant

I believe they are just adding surface parking lots. I recall reading about it in the tri-village news.

http://www.snponline.com/articles/2011/05/25/tri-village_news/news/tvplanning_20110523_1126am_5.txt

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

hmm yea sounds about right! Thanks for the link.

Damn someone had mentioned to me rumor of a Best Buy..That would be awesome!

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

I hope to god there isn’t plans for a Best Buy. Last thing that area needs is another asphalt graveyard, big box store.

cc

ColumbusTime said:
    I hope to god there isn’t plans for a Best Buy. Last thing that area needs is another asphalt graveyard, big box store.

Ummmm, so where do you actually get to look at electronics/appliances in the central city area? I really think something like this is sorely needed. I always feel like a schmuck wasting gas to drive out to best buy. Personally, I would like it to be a Microcenter but Best Buy has more variety. There are a lot of consumers in this area (5XNW, Campus, Harrison West, Arena District, Grandview, Franklinton, Victorian Village). Target just doesn’t cut it.

somebuckeye
    somebuckeye
    Participant

What I would like in a big box store is hardware, such as Lowes or home depot. I hate having to drive to the North Side or Grove City just to go to a hardware store bigger than Ace or Zettler’s.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

ColumbusTime said:

That area (Grandview Yard) is home to zero big box stores as of right now.

Even the area around it has very little of that. Unless you’re talking about the Lennox Town Center?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

cc said:
    Ummmm, so where do you actually get to look at electronics/appliances in the central city area?

Internet. ;)

cc

Walker said:
    Internet. ;)

I think you are forgetting that BestBuy is Amazon’s showroom….;)

“Ummmm, so where do you actually get to look at electronics/appliances in the central city area?”

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

I meant area in general, but yes, was also referring to the Target at Lennox. I was just stating that I personally don’t want to see Grandview Yard turn into a huge asphalt park.

From Grandview Yard, there is a Lowe’s, MicroCenter, Best Buy, Target, and Wal-Mart less than 10 miles away.

cc

I almost always hear ‘Mini-Easton’ when people refer to the Grandview Yard. I really don’t think that would be a bad thing for the area. There is not a tremendous amount of space. I think that the stage one, 2 story garage shows that they are being smart regarding the parking situation. They also intend to jam apartments into there.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

ColumbusTime said:
    I was just stating that I personally don’t want to see Grandview Yard turn into a huge asphalt park.

I don’t believe that’s the plan, though I imagine some typical big-box retail names (along the lines of Best Buy) will be a part of the project when all is said and done.

Though I would think that if Phase 1 of GY is any indication, they’re going to be very smart and very urban with accommodations for parking in a very non-suburban manner. Phase 1 has only one parking deck that is shared between the hotel, offices, two restaurants and gym. A similar parking deck for a Best Buy would likely be shared with other tenants as well.

rus
    rus
    Participant

somebuckeye said:
    What I would like in a big box store is hardware, such as Lowes or home depot. I hate having to drive to the North Side or Grove City just to go to a hardware store bigger than Ace or Zettler’s.

Try the one in Hilliard. Not too far from Grandview.

Get most of my gear at Goodale Pro, though.

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

It would be nice to have an electronic store like Best Buy closer to central city. Imagine all the OSU students and all the residents who live within 5 miles that would use it.. Im sure Best Buy could come up with a more urban footprint for the store.

OSUPhantom

My computer as been on the fritz lately and I needed to take it in to GeekSquad. The trip took 2 hours to and back. I would appreciate a location closer to campus…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE