Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

New Business at Former Steak & Shake Location on Campus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion New Business at Former Steak & Shake Location on Campus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

wpcc88
    Participant

Took an alternate route back from class the past couple of days due to the great weather. I noticed the windows were boarded up and workers inside. Does anyone know what is going in there?

Nicholas Herum
    Participant

No but that’s good to hear. I can’t believe its sat empty for as long as it has.

tolemac5050
    Participant

Buffalo Wings & Rings coming soon to Campus Area

So did Buffalo wings and rings never open in this spot?

NerosNeptune
    Participant

It opened, then closed, then reopened (maybe?) as something else for a few weeks, then closed, then started to be turned into something else, then abandoned.

That’s my unofficial history of the space.

tolemac5050
    Participant

bayrea
    Participant

-1 for the ugliest website. I think they hired someone from 1998 to build it.

wpcc88
    Participant

thanks for the info.. hopefully it sticks

patient_zero
    Participant

50 beers on tap, 100 in the bottle sounds good to me. I wonder if their fish tacos are any good. I love a good fish taco.

cbus11

Nicholas Herum said:
    No but that’s good to hear. I can’t believe its sat empty for as long as it has.

I believe the building is owned by Oxford Realty. Generally restaurants on campus are signed to multi-year leases. If a store closes (without going bankrupt) the lessee is either to find a new tenant or continue paying on the lease. Tax rightoffs sometimes make it easier to just let the lease run its course.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: