Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

New 3-Story Gym/Restaurant Building at Parsons & Livingston

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion New 3-Story Gym/Restaurant Building at Parsons & Livingston

This topic contains 29 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  News 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

lattethunder
    Participant

Walker said:
    It sounds like the gym will take up all of the second and third floors. If all three floor plates are equal, that makes it a 24,000 sqft gym and 12,000 sqft of ground floor retail/restaurant space.

That seems like a HUGE gym for that neighborhood! Although, when I lived over that way years ago, I remember there being no real gym options (this was before Snap Fitness opened).

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

According to the article, they’re looking to attract some of the thousands of Childrens employees. Could be a good option for both neighboring GV, MV & Schumacher residents as well as the workers.

MHJ
    Participant

It’s not that huge IMO — Lifetime Fitness doesn’t have a downtown location, and this could possibly serve as such. I can imagine putting some healthy-oriented restaurants in the ground floor and having a crazy synergy right there.

InnerCore
    Participant

MHJ said:
    It’s not that huge IMO — Lifetime Fitness doesn’t have a downtown location, and this could possibly serve as such. I can imagine putting some healthy-oriented restaurants in the ground floor and having a crazy synergy right there.

Agreed, your typical fitness only gym is about 42,000 sf so at 24,000 sf this is more of a neighborhood gym. For reference they were proposing a 32,000 sf gym in that new Dublin proposal and the one in GY is 42,000 sf.

News
    Participant

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

Steel framework is going up!

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

Don’t you just love the site of steel and elevator/stair shafts?

mfl243
    Participant

I do,…I like it even more when I don’t have to look across a parking lot to see it.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Lots of steel beams up. Construction is moving along.

More photos, here: https://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-february-2014-part-1

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

News
    Participant

The Fitness Loft Opens on Parsons Avenue
    October 3, 2014 11:14 am – Walker Evans

The intersection of Livingston and Parsons is one that has changed rapidly in the past decade. Nationwide Children’s Hospital has redeveloped three of the four corners with new medical facilities, parking garages and office buildings while the streetscape has been beautified with brick crosswalks, bike lanes, landscaped medians and improved pedestrian infrastructure.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/the-fitness-loft-opens-on-parsons-avenue

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Is the exterior going to be more brick/neutral siding? It would be a good change if they brought some bright colors to the area. Childrens is all white and glass, most new developments in Columbus have drab exteriors.

News
    Participant

Restaurant Review: Alchemy Juice Bar and Cafe
    December 5, 2014 7:10 am – Miriam Bowers Abbott

Some people eat reflexively: if food is appealing, down it goes. Others eat with rules, avoiding substances such as sugar, meat or gluten.

Then there are those for whom food serves a function, it has to be balanced for the right energy or attention levels. It has to provide the right mix of the RDAs in some elaborate equation. For them, eating requires thought — as ingestibles are mentally weighed for potential contributions to holistic health. For them, we have Alchemy.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/restaurant-review-alchemy-juice-bar-and-cafe-ma1

News
    Participant

Second Crest Gastropub Opening Soon on Parsons Avenue
    February 23, 2015 2:19 pm – Walker Evans

Columbus-based company A&R Creative Group will open its second Crest Gastropub location inside the Village Pointe building on Parsons Avenue in late spring.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/second-crest-gastropub-opening-soon-on-parsons-avenue-rw1

News
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.