Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

New Bodega

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining New Bodega

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Bodega Sold to New Ownership
    January 26, 2015 10:46 am – Walker Evans

Short North bar Bodega has new ownership as of last week, though fans of the establishment should expect few changes to be made. Former co-owner Collin Castore informed us last night that he and his business partner Sang Lankhani have sold the bar to Brian Swanson last week.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/bodega-sold-to-new-ownership

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Cool, let’s bring back the old classic menu now ;) Chicken Tikka & Bombay burger please!

patient_zero
    Participant

Loved the beers for Columbus Craft Beer Week, especially the Roller Blanc by Hoof Hearted – A DIPA infused with Sauvignon Blanc. Loved the happy hour pricing. Could have benefited from another 2 bartenders tonight though. Moved on to North High Brewing and then Crest where I had a great conversation with Trevor and the boys from Hoof Hearted.

On a side note, I had 2 different conversations with gentleman at Bodega that grew up here and moved – One To Orlando 20 years ago, one to Seattle 30 years ago. They were blown away by the new Columbus. I couldn’t agree more.

King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

When did Bodega change from all the price stickers everywhere to the big mirror with the wall paper? This is a random question, but I was there last night and noticed the changes and I’m just trying to figure out how long I’d been oblivious to the difference.

DLDude
    Participant

I noticed that too a couple months ago. I actually really dig Bodega right now. The food is good, they added better seating options and the beer menu is great as always. It definitely lost my business during the first overhaul but these recent changes has it back to what it was in my opinion.

Josh Rice
    Participant

The aesthetic changes happened when the new owner took over a couple months ago. He also brought back table service and expanded the food menu. All of this has been done to make the place more comfortable and inviting. It’s working.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I don’t understand the people who say they liked the layout better before the over haul.. This functions way better and there is way more space.

And I agree the Roller Blanc by Hoof Hearted was awesome, but the keg blew very quickly and I only got one.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I don’t understand the people who say they liked the layout better before the over haul.

Because things are always better back in the good ol’ days. ;)

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Yeah the new layout makes so much more sense. I just miss the old menu and some of the classic taps.

Mike88
    Participant

I don’t understand the people who say they liked the layout better before the over haul.. This functions way better and there is way more space.

And I agree the Roller Blanc by Hoof Hearted was awesome, but the keg blew very quickly and I only got one.

I think the issue was with how half-done the first renovation went and the lack of table service really hurt.
    Also prior to the wall booths being added in to me it actually felt like there was less space.

I really like the changes the new owner made to place and they definitely earned my business back after he came in and fixed the place up.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!