Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

New Bodega

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining New Bodega

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    hockeyhateme
    hockeyhateme
    Participant

Anyone have updates on when Bodega will open back up? Original press release says early April at the latest, but haven’t heard anything. Curious to see the new space…and get back to happy hour…

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

for realz. I have a 50 dollar gift card burning a hole in my pocket.

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

Damn, I was hoping this thread was to announce dates. I pass by there at least once a week just to see if the paper is off the windows.

hockeyhateme
    hockeyhateme
    Participant

The paper must be up to keep away news of progress! Bastards!

ntn
    ntn
    Participant

It appears they had run out of money midway through the reno. The plasma center a block north has bought the space and will be turning it into additional storage space(like little brothers).

:)

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

That scenario is too plausible to joke about.

jcookou
    Participant

Has Bodega re-opened yet? Have been out of town the past few weeks and haven’t had a chance to wander by yet…

Adrian
    Participant

Bodega’s domain expired this week. Anybody know anything? Not necessarily cause to sound the alarms, as it’s possible they’re launching a new site in connection with all the other changes, but I’m officially curious as to what’s going on.

ehill27
    Participant

It appears that work is still happening inside, albeit slowly and they don’t seem all that close to being done. The format has been completely changed, including relocating the bar to the north wall.

Seems possible to wrap up over the next 4 to 6 weeks, but that’s just a wild guess based on what I saw and the pace thus far.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

We’ve been checking in with Collin from time to time and it sounds like the renovations are taking longer than planned, as is often the case with small businesses.

Can’t wait to see the new space when it reopens!

heresthecasey
    Participant

This was posted on the Columbus subreddit yesterday,

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

and we’re into May…

ntn
    ntn
    Participant

After so much lost business, I wonder if it has still been worth it?

It really needs to open soon, Seventh Son is becoming less enjoyable due to it being the ‘fill in’ Bodega

DouginCMH
    Participant

At least they finally posted something on Facebook a few days ago. That said, the general lack of communication about their reopening date has been a little odd. Not even updating their website (which still says they’re closing for a month)? Makes me wonder if the relaunch will be accompanied with a new website, as well.

bobcatz
    bobcatz
    Participant

Was told by a Bodega employee they plan to reopen on Monday. Let’s hope so.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!