Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Fleur - Downtown Champagne & Dessert Bar

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Fleur – Downtown Champagne & Dessert Bar

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 449 total)
  • Author

JAL
    Participant

Looks like they have been working all day yesterday and through the night on this place. The Bud Light beer truck is now at the door unloading. hmmmm Looks like this one is being put together completely overnight

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Might check this place out when it opens, although I won’t be taking the boys there mass beer consumption and male grunting, but maybe a date.

Speaking of bars downtown, I can’t believe no one has figured out to put a Bodega style bar over by CCAD. You can’t get any more hipster downtown than over in that area.

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

jpizzow wrote >>
    Might check this place out when it opens, although I won’t be taking the boys there mass beer consumption and male grunting, but maybe a date.
    Speaking of bars downtown, I can’t believe no one has figured out to put a Bodega style bar over by CCAD. You can’t get any more hipster downtown than over in that area.

the majority of college students are under 21 right? thats never stopped osu but then again they have tens of thousands of students with many over 21. ccad may have a few hundred 21 and over. ccad needs a bar that serves underage.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Between Tip Top and Carabar, CCAD students of legal age have two pretty good choices within a short 10 minute walk.

cc

It is also surprising how many of the older CCAD students seem to live in the OSU campus area. I think a lot of that has to do with the draw of nightlife and cheap apartments.

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

cc wrote >>
    It is also surprising how many of the older CCAD students seem to live in the OSU campus area. I think a lot of that has to do with the draw of nightlife and cheap apartments.

bingo

JAL
    Participant

I peeked inside. A lot of white inside- highbacked WHITE booth type seats, white walls, white bar. A lot of halogen type track lighting on the ceiling. Looks like a couple big flat screens on the opposite end, and the sounds system sounds pretty good from outside the building. Curtains pretty much closed around most of it, so can only see inside from the very far end.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Wonder if they’re the old white booths from Rosendale’s or BOMA? It’d be cool if they were recycled locally.

placebohigh
    Participant

lizless wrote >>
    Wonder if they’re the old white booths from Rosendale’s or BOMA? It’d be cool if they were recycled locally.

+1 Totally agree

Stopped by for a drink at Fleur for the ArtFusion afterparty. They were supplying free Vodka (apparently they do not have their liquor license yet). The place was very spartan, with white chairs and a couple of TV’s on the wall and what appeared to be a flimsily built bar. Overall the place looked decent, but obviously thrown together at the 11th hour. I asked someone @ the party when Fleur was supposed to be open to the public and they had no idea.

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

Any pictures?

nowcolumbus

I had a meeting this morning, and stopped by Fleur to have a look. I am excited about this new opening, but from what I saw this place looks really underwhelming. As for the source of the white chairs/booths they definitely did not come from Rosendale’s, and I have never been to BoMA so I can’t comment to that. It looks like they spent maybe $15,000 on the entire buildout so far. Hopefully the owner (Roopan Dey) will be adding more to the space when it opens to the public. I haven’t seen a menu or anything like that, does anyone know what exactly they are offering?

nowcolumbus

I had a meeting this morning, and stopped by Fleur to have a look. I am excited about this new opening, but from what I saw this place looks really underwhelming. As for the source of the white chairs/booths they definitely did not come from Rosendale’s, and I have never been to BoMA so I can’t comment to that. It looks like they spent maybe $15,000 on the entire buildout so far. Hopefully the owner (Roopan Dey) will be adding more to the space when it opens to the public. I haven’t seen a menu or anything like that, does anyone know what exactly they are offering?

JAL
    Participant

Yeah, I agree. It currently doesn’t have much of a WOW factor to it. Hopefully they will do a little more to it before actually opening. The bar does kind of look like something you would set up in a basement recreation room.

groundrules
    Participant

y’all are pretty quick to judge via a quick peak through the windows. Probably ought to hold off condemning it until there’s some real meat to sink the critical teeth into.

That being said, most of the places with any kind of ‘wow factor’ visible from the street tend to be places I’d never want to hang out ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 449 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: