Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

250 High - New 12-Story Mixed-Use Building Downtown

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development 250 High – New 12-Story Mixed-Use Building Downtown

Viewing 9 posts - 256 through 264 (of 264 total)
  • Author
    Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

Here’s to hoping that they do a much better job of landscaping along High Street compared to what High Point has done. I also noticed a large overhang on the front entrance of the building that hasn’t been added yet. When this is in place it will add some detail to the front.

King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

Also in the rendering, there are some outside balconies on the southeast corner of the residential component on the eight and ninth floor. The actual building does not have these balconies on the outside, but all lined up in a row for all six residential floors-no corner southeast balconies, and I think that also makes it a bit more ‘boxy’.

I agree. I think the biggest reason it looks boxier is that it’s missing those corner cut outs. But in my opinion it’s a small change. I still really like the building. And based on the long thin rectangular lot they started with I think it’s great use of the space. Plus renderings always make everything look shiny and warm and less like real life.

I do hope they follow through on the green wall (it sure is a big ugly patch of concrete) . But I wouldn’t be surprised if that didn’t get added until next spring.

JAL
    Participant

The balconies on the lower floors shown in the south facing of these renderings actually were built on the North face of the actual building. Unfortunately the renderings above are just of the south side so we are able to see what was originally planned for the north side. Maybe they decide to move them to the north side from these original renderings.

WJT
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>WJT wrote:</div>
    Also in the rendering, there are some outside balconies on the southeast corner of the residential component on the eight and ninth floor. The actual building does not have these balconies on the outside, but all lined up in a row for all six residential floors-no corner southeast balconies, and I think that also makes it a bit more ‘boxy’.

I agree. I think the biggest reason it looks boxier is that it’s missing those corner cut outs. But in my opinion it’s a small change. I still really like the building. And based on the long thin rectangular lot they started with I think it’s great use of the space. Plus renderings always make everything look shiny and warm and less like real life.

I do hope they follow through on the green wall (it sure is a big ugly patch of concrete) . But I wouldn’t be surprised if that didn’t get added until next spring.

I really like the building too. Any of my criticisms are just being nitpicky -especially compared to what is directly north of it.(Ugh)

I would like to see 250 High (and hopefully Two/25) set a standard for new construction downtown. And for this location, 250 High exceeded my wildest expectations regarding any possible development. I thought if that narrow lot ever got filled in, it would have been filled in with something more akin to Highpoint, not the nice modern 12 floor building which we actually have gotten.

*I hope Highpoint becomes the ‘low bar’- what every new developer is determined to exceed in design and quality.

SteveKZ087
    Participant

Stalled project drew a write-up from Brian Ball yesterday afternoon:

http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/blog/2015/08/lifestyle-communities-apartment-projects-remain.html

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

From Kaufman Development’s Facebook. Signage finally going up!

News
    Participant

First Look: Salt & Pine Approaches Downtown Opening
    October 28, 2015 6:00 am – Rebecca Wagner

Columbus restauranteur Chris Crader, the mind behind Harvest Pizzeria, Harvest Kitchen+Bar and The Sycamore, is on the cusp of opening a new Downtown restaurant. Salt & Pine will open soon as a full-service restaurant, coffee/liquor bar, and grab-and-go store.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/salt-and-pine-rw1

heresthecasey
    Participant

The Dispatch’s Two25 article yesterday also had a new nugget of info about 250 High. The prime retail space remaining at High and Rich has apparently been leased instead to an office tenant?

White said the remaining retail space on the first floor, along with office space on the second floor, has been leased by an office tenant that will be announced soon.

If I’m reading that correctly and it’s true, that’s very disappointing IMO that they couldn’t get any retailers interested or signed for that space…

http://www.dispatch.com/content/blogs/the-bottom-line/2016/01/downtown-development.html

King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

It’s disappointing, but it’s better than it sitting vacant for years like most of high point’s retail. It can always be turned back into retail in the future.

Viewing 9 posts - 256 through 264 (of 264 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Ring in the decade in style! Join us for an all-inclusive NYE celebration!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO