Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

250 High - New 12-Story Mixed-Use Building Downtown

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development 250 High – New 12-Story Mixed-Use Building Downtown

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 264 total)
  • Author
    Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

Not sure if these have been posted yet.

News
    Participant

Project Update: 250 High
    April 7, 2015 7:00 am – Brent Warren

250 High was approved by the Downtown Commission in August of 2013 and construction started soon after – since then, downtown observers have watched as a former vacant lot on the east side of High Street between Rich and Main streets has filled in and the latest addition to the Columbus skyline has come into focus.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/project-update-250-high-bw1

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

250 High now has floor plans and pricing up for their units. studio type space starts at $1295. Also a few new renderings on their website.

http://www.250high.com/Apartments/module/property_info/property%5Bid%5D/131143/

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

Picture I took this morning of 250 High!

News
    Participant

Salt & Pine Restaurant to Open Downtown This Fall
    April 9, 2015 2:10 pm – Walker Evans

Local restaurateur Chris Crader announced last October that he would be opening a brand new restaurant concept inside the new 250 High building in 2015 that would differ from his Harvest Pizzeria and The Sycamore restaurants. Today, Crader has announced that “Salt & Pine” will be the name of the new breakfast-lunch-and-dinner venue that will function as a full service restaurant, a coffee bar, a liquor bar, and a grab-and-go store.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/salt-pine-restaurant-to-open-downtown-this-fall

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

A couple photos taken this morning on my way home.

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

Anyone else not able to see these pics?

darko2030
    Participant

I cant see the pictures either.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

The broken links look like they’re going to a private livefilestore upload place that can’t be shared.

Try a different upload service or check sharing settings.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

A chef has been chosen for Salt & Pine!

Incidentally, I love the living wall they have planned for the Salt & Pine entrance.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Looks like it’s just about finished!

MORE PHOTOS: https://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-july-2015-part-1

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

I really like this project but some of the details that were shown in the rendering were not added to the final design. Not sure if it was to cut cost or what but I really think the balconies on floors 2, 3, and 6 really helped to break up the building. Also notice they did not add the wood finishes to the inside of the apartment balconies and around the vertical section of glass on floors 1 through 6.

Final product

Pablo
    Participant

Things change during construction. Perhaps the office tenant decided they would rather have office space instead of a balcony.

mbeaumont
    Participant

I do agree though that the renderings were prettier than the final result. The building feels much flatter and boxier than the renderings. Still a nice project, but it’s a bit disappointing visually.

WJT
    Participant

I think one of the main reasons it looks boxier than that particular rendering is because that rendering has a taller residential component-notice on the rendering you have a ground floor, then four floors of offices, and then seven floors of residential.

The actual building has one ground floor, five floors of offices, and six floors of residential. That makes the real thing look ‘bottom heavy’ compared to the rendering. Was that the original rendering or what? It could not(or maybe should not) have been the final one.

Also in the rendering, there are some outside balconies on the southeast corner of the residential component on the eight and ninth floor. The actual building does not have these balconies on the outside, but all lined up in a row for all six residential floors-no corner southeast balconies, and I think that also makes it a bit more ‘boxy’.

(all of my comparisons are to the top rendering, as it is different than the partial bottom rendering.)

*Also noticed the top front elevation change on the rendering is almost dead center, while in reality change is much farther north along the top front-making it again look more boxy-especially form this angle.

That concrete corner needs some serious greenery. With trees, the greenwall, planters, signage, etc. it will look very good.
    Still a very nice building though. Are they going to follow through on the ‘green wall’ thing? It looks like more of the concrete garage side will be exposed than I expected.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 264 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Ring in the decade in style! Join us for an all-inclusive NYE celebration!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO