Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

250 High - New 12-Story Mixed-Use Building Downtown

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development 250 High – New 12-Story Mixed-Use Building Downtown

This topic contains 263 replies, has 58 voices, and was last updated by King Gambrinus King Gambrinus 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 264 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Crazy to see how tall this building is from the roof of the parking garage!

MORE PHOTOS: https://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-october-2014-part-1

Columbusrules
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>paul.szuter wrote:</div>
    Easy there law of unintended consequences… Ask yourself if you really want all of the Applebee’s, Walmarts, churches, and strollers invading. :-)

There are some great and beautiful churches downtown, and what’s wrong with strollers? (although I prefer the kid in my chest harness) :P Agreed on keeping Applebee’s and Walmart OUT OUT OUT!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

Any new photos? Would love to see the progress going on!

tlb919
    tlb919
    Participant

I am kind of shocked how visible this actually is in the skyline and I love it! I really hope this development is a sign of things to come :D Modern, Mixed use, and some height.

But I do have to ask… and anyone else slightly put off by the precast concrete they are using for the exterior?
    The ridges in the concrete seem very 70s and I just worry how this will age or look once complete. Hoping the windows dominate once finished or that the facade we are seeing isn’t the final product.

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

You can really get a sense from this angle how dramatically the street level experience is changing as each building goes up on South High. Once the twin LC buildings are complete this will probably have the most urban feel in the city.

Also- sidenote,when I was down there today I was thinking that once the Highpoint retail spaces are filled I think that may help the look of the building.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

heresthecasey
    Participant

More details on the ground floor restaurant,

Nature and food to marry at Salt & Pine

Salt & Pine, meant to evoke the wonder of nature, is the name of Chris Crader’s new downtown Columbus restaurant.

The local restaurateur, who owns three restaurants and a cocktail lounge, said his new spot will occupy 7,000 square feet of space in a new building at 250 S. High St.

http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/stories/germanvillage/news/2015/02/02/nature-and-food-to-marry-at-salt–pine.html

And mentioned at the end of the article is this,

The group is (also) in the process of designing a new restaurant in Italian Village. Crader said it will take over an older, existing space in the historic neighborhood, but he wouldn’t reveal its exact location.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

I’ll admit I wasn’t too fond of the facade when it first started going on. But I think the balconies break it up nicely. It’s definitely grown on me.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

columbusmike
    Participant

It still reminds me of really bad old hotel facades… This is a really disappointing project.

Mike88
    Participant

I’ll admit I wasn’t too fond of the facade when it first started going on. But I think the balconies break it up nicely. It’s definitely grown on me.

I am in agreement. When I first saw the renderings I was excited about the height of the project and the location but otherwise that was it. Now that I see it in person it has grown on me a lot. When it comes to 8 stories and below I love redbrick and older designs but with high rises like this the modern glass and metal really does look good. I like the diverse look this structure will have when contrasted with the two LC towers that are going in across the street.

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

I think when the wood walls and framing go up on the balconies it will add even more detail and character to the building.

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 264 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.