Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

250 High - New 12-Story Mixed-Use Building Downtown

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development 250 High – New 12-Story Mixed-Use Building Downtown

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 264 total)
  • Author

ehill27
    Participant

Population growth or not, I don’t doubt the demand for more SN and downtown housing. The interest in urban living is a nationwide trend. It’s the pricing that I’m unsure about… I’m wondering if there are enough people in CBus that are willing and ABLE to pay for these new units.

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant
    paul.szuter
    paul.szuter
    Participant

I think this is the most exciting construction project happening right now in Columbus. In my perfect world, everyone would move downtown and we’d have more hustle and bustle in the city and surrounding neighborhoods, while the suburbs would slowly disintegrate and be banished to hell from whence they came. This project is a wonderful step in the right direction. Driving around town lately, I’ve noticed it is very visible from almost every angle, even far away! This is the kind of infill we need for a more impressive skyline. I hope developers continue to see the need to build higher before all of the parking lots are taken up, haha.

dubdave00
    Participant

while the suburbs would slowly disintegrate and be banished to hell from whence they came.

Easy there law of unintended consequences… Ask yourself if you really want all of the Applebee’s, Walmarts, churches, and strollers invading. :-)

Agreed on 250. Very exciting time!

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Columbus needs strong suburbs just as it needs a strong downtown. I suspect you’re engaging in hyperbole, but our city can and should be an example of a synergy between the city and the surrounding ‘burbs, and not a pitting of one against the other.

Back on topic: This is absolutely a great, and great-lookin’, project. Lookin’ forward to seeing the finished product.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Columbus needs strong suburbs just as it needs a strong downtown.

+1

“Suburbs” is a very generalized term to boot. I imagine Paul is not calling for the end of Bexley or Grandview Heights.

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

I have to say, this building has been my favorite from the get go and I am glad the Downtown Commission didn’t trim it back.

Aculbie7
    Participant

As a resident downtown, I love all of the new development and new units being built, but I feel like there is such a focus on residential buildings that they are forgetting other aspects of a neighborhood. I wouldn’t mind seeing a market that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg, maybe another drug store or something that stays open beyond work hours. That being said, can’t wait to see what this place looks like when it begins to take form.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

As a resident downtown, I love all of the new development and new units being built, but I feel like there is such a focus on residential buildings that they are forgetting other aspects of a neighborhood. I wouldn’t mind seeing a market that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg, maybe another drug store or something that stays open beyond work hours.

Practically all of the new buildings under construction Downtown have a retail component to them. The retail units are not filling as quickly as we’d all like, but hopefully the “retail follows rooftops” adage will hold true. Highpoint’s really starting to look troublesome with *zero* retail tenants at this point.

heresthecasey
    Participant

Highpoint’s really starting to look troublesome with *zero* retail tenants at this point.

The whole project has been very poorly handled – from design, to construction, and now leasing.

With all of the other good things happening in the immediate area, and a lot of really well done projects (250 High, new LC buildings, new retail on Main/4th/Lazarus Bldg, the Julian, etc) – Highpoint stands out even more as a disappointment and missed opportunity.

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Walker Evans wrote:</div>
    Highpoint’s really starting to look troublesome with *zero* retail tenants at this point.

The whole project has been very poorly handled – from design, to construction, and now leasing.

With all of the other good things happening in the immediate area, and a lot of really well done projects (250 High, new LC buildings, new retail on Main/4th/Lazarus Bldg, the Julian, etc) – Highpoint stands out even more as a disappointment and missed opportunity.

Along with the river south apartments along Front Street. No retail and very bland looking!

jbcmh81
    Participant

Yeah, I have to laugh when a poster like InnerCore say Columbus needs more outside developers, and then we get a project like HighPoint.

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

Facade progress snapped yesterday…

paul.szuter
    paul.szuter
    Participant

Yessssssss! Looks awesome, thanks for the pic!

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

Can’t wait to see this in the final form. Definitely most excited by this building and The Joseph!

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 264 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: