Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

250 High - New 12-Story Mixed-Use Building Downtown

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development 250 High – New 12-Story Mixed-Use Building Downtown

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 264 total)
  • Author
    Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

$50 million apartment-office building planned near Columbus Commons

By Steve Wartenberg

The Columbus Dispatch Thursday August 8, 2013 5:19 PM

A 12-story, $50 million office building with apartments and retail space could soon rise just south of Columbus Commons.

Developers Daimler Group and Kaufman Development announced plans today for the building at 250 N. High, designed to feature street-level retail space, four floors of offices and 156 apartments.

Construction could begin in late November, with a target completion date of early 2015.

READ MORE HERE.

NOTE: Dispatch subscription may be needed.

News
    Participant

Kaufman/Daimler Propose New 12-Story Mixed Use Building Downtown
    Published on August 8, 2013 6:20 pm
    By: Walker

When the Columbus Commons greenspace was first announced, it was touted as a new Downtown amenity that would spur additional private development. Since the park’s completion, there have already been two major development commitments in the form of Highpoint at Columbus Commons and a Lifestyle Communities building. And as of today, a third mixed-use project has joined them as neighbors.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/kaufmandaimler-propose-new-12-story-mixed-use-building-downtown

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

$50M apartment, office complex proposed near Columbus Commons
    By: Brian R. Ball
    Columbus Business First

Office developer Daimler Group has joined multifamily developer Kaufman Development on a 12-story, $50 million mixed-used development in the downtown’s River South district.

Daimler has tentative plans for 136,000 square feet of commercial office above street-level retail space, while Kaufman will top the offices with 156 apartments on seven floors.

READ MORE HERE.

Pablo
    Participant

I’ll reitterate in this thread – this project looks fantastic!

geoyui
    Participant

Imagine this building next to Highpoint. LOL

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

geoyui said: Imagine this building next to Highpoint. LOL

I imagine dense urban infill and an eclectic mix of styles! ;)

News
    Participant

Just took a “before” photo:

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Just took a “before” photo:

Pablo
    Participant

And here’s the before, before photo. I would rather move forward architecturally than try and reproduce the past. If the old stuff was still there, like Gay St., then sure, try to reuse the building. But this slate has been wiped clean a long time ago.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Heh. Sun TV, eh? A blast from the past. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Television_and_Appliances

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

I wonder if this new building will be visible from I-70 East when you are coming into Downtown?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

CalebR said:
    I wonder if this new building will be visible from I-70 East when you are coming into Downtown?

The new-ish 7-story Franklin County Courthouse is visible from I-70 East, so I imagine a 12-story building next to it would also be visible.

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

Walker said:
    The new-ish 7-story Franklin County Courthouse is visible from I-70 East, so I imagine a 12-story building next to it would also be visible.

Good point. Some an actual addition to the skyline. Finally. :D

EDIT: I believe this building would qualify as a skyscraper.

wpcc88
    Participant
    Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

wpcc88 said:
    I could be wrong but I believe this is what was planned for that lot originally.

http://urbanohio.com/gallery/index.php?album=Central%20Ohio/Columbus/Neighborhoods/Downtown/Civic%20Center&image=Downtown55.jpg

Sounds like they are a little bit late :D I honestly do like the design though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 264 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: