Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

NBC4 -- SHAFTED Mikaela Hunt while ABC6 Covers Up for Yolanda Harris

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion NBC4 — SHAFTED Mikaela Hunt while ABC6 Covers Up for Yolanda Harris

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

bmoore
    Participant

You can see which company cares about their people. Mikaela Hunt gets fired and replaced with the brain-dead Monica Day. That is just wrong. We all know why Mikaela was let go and you look at the male anchors (and weathermen!) and see a serious double-standard.

Meanwhile, a couple years ago, Yolanda Harris’ husband, Todd L Smith gets FEDERAL charges for sexual misconduct with children and nobody says a word about it…

It’s a tough life in broadcast… check your allegiances (ad privilege!)

Note: all information is gathered from public and government sources and is my interpretation of the facts.

WJT
    Participant

No, we all don’t know why Mikaela was let go, so if you are going to start a thread like this spilling some tea and throwing shade, then spill all of the tea! What info? What interpretation? Sh*t or get off the pot!

Nancy H
    Participant

Smith was convicted and is currently serving prison time for his charges. That speaks volumes to me.

amazinga37
    amazinga37
    Participant

I wondered what happened to her. While I don’t agree with the “brain dead” Monica Day comment, I like her, I still found it crazy that she was just gone one morning. Does her husband still work there? Also, I heard through someone who knows someone that Dana Turtle was fired for always being late to work. Apparently, through these people, he likes to party. Is this true? So much drama and suspense…haha They should do a reality show on the local news programs here in CBUS. I’d watch.

Tearoy0
    Participant

I didn’t even realize Mikaela was gone until I saw this thread. At least she is trying to turn this change into something positive. She doesn’t seem to be wallowing in self pity but moving forward. She is turning to digital media. I found her website interesting.
    http://www.mikaelahunt.com/

Her take on change here

http://www.mikaelahunt.com/2015/07/a-beginners-guide-to-a-fresh-start/

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

And oh…btw, that terrible Monica Day was promoting Mikaela’s new site. The horror.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

bayrea
    Participant

They needed to funds to pay the salary for that fine Sports Chick they just brought on…

bmoore
    Participant

How was this tagged “I hate women sportscasters”? I was talking about Mikaela Hunt getting shafted. The fact that Monica Day is brain dead doesn’t match the tag because she does (did) traffic reports — something that an inanimate camera can literally do.

And the new morning woman anchor they have is terrible, too. Bring back Mikaela Hunt.

bayrea
    Participant

How was this tagged “I hate women sportscasters”? I was talking about Mikaela Hunt getting shafted. The fact that Monica Day is brain dead doesn’t match the tag because she does (did) traffic reports — something that an inanimate camera can literally do.

And the new morning woman anchor they have is terrible, too. Bring back Mikaela Hunt.

How dare you speak ill of Monica Day. She is a Columbus treasure. A treasure I say! Good day!

bmoore
    Participant

She was a treasure 6 years ago. She’s not now what she was then. And behind the desk she’s just bad… which is why they put her back on traffic and brought someone new in for the desk. And they are both bad.

Bring back Mikaela Hunt.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Area local news anchor short on genuine talent. More coming up at 11.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Let’s try and put this in perspective, John Oliver just spent an entire segment making fun of Columbus news personalities…and it wasn’t Monica Day.

ohioglobetrotter
    Participant

I am a big fan of Mikaela Hunt!!!!!!!!! She is intelligent and beautiful!!!!!!! Sadly our news stations think that women in news must be blond and wear sexy attire. The new female that replaced Mikaela fits that description but she has no personality and exhibits just average intelligence. Other stations have gone to blond sports reporters as their token women on their broadcasts. There are a lot of great, smart women that these stations could recruit and instead they go for ones with sex appeal. A lot of the male reporters and anchors seem very dull and often have some age on them. Isn’t it about time that we get rid of this double standard and value women for other things than just how they look or how old they are or if their hair is blond???????

GCrites80s
    Participant

Columbus is a steeping stone market for a lot of reporters/anchors. That can make it tough to keep good people around. Next stop, Tampa!

chaking
    Participant

local news… lol. Not sure what the difference is between any local news personality anywhere in the country.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below:

Support Journalism. Drink Coffee!

We’ve partnered with our friends at Stauf’s to bring you this limited-edition coffee blend celebrating 20 years of CU! Every purchase supports our mission of serving the community award-winning local journalism!

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE