Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Nationwide Children's Hospital - News & Discussion

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Nationwide Children's Hospital – News & Discussion

This topic contains 118 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  heresthecasey 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

Nationwide Children’s Hospital will become the 2nd largest pediatric hospital in the nation. Recently they unveiled a new logo. Here are some articles I think are, important.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNuovCTFl6U

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2011/08/22/columbus-nationwide-childrens.html

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

They mentioned a third research building. Which one is this? Another beyond what is being built on the corner?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

jpizzow said:
    They mentioned a third research building. Which one is this? Another beyond what is being built on the corner?

Im guessing the thing your talking about is the West Research Campus- 6 story building I believe- on the west side of Parsons Ave.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

CalebR said:
    Im guessing the thing your talking about is the West Research Campus- 6 story building I believe- on the west side of Parsons Ave.

I may have missed something but I’m under the impression that the main hospital is building 1, the research building just erected on the corner of Livingston and Parsons is building 2. I’m just not sure what building 3 is. Did I completely miss something and building 3 was already built in an earlier phase or have they yet to start construction or even show a rendering? I usually don’t miss a beat so I’m thinking they haven’t officially announced it yet.

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

There are 3 buildings? The name of the research building is just Research Building III. If there are three buildings, news to me.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

“The main hospital was scheduled to open in June of 2012, shortly after a third research building will be completed.”

I guess this is what was confusing me but now I’m thinking that building 1 was the one facing I-70 completed a couple of years ago, then the main hospital (building 2) and then the new research building, which would be the third. That’s probably it. I just confused myself. Carry on.

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

I believe the 3rd research buidling is going to sit where the former Kroger building was.

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

Yea the third research building is the third research building.. not the third building being constructed.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Couple new photos of the construction around Chidlren’s here: https://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-august-2011

I like that the intersection of Parsons & Livingston is getting the brick treatment. The scale of this intersection feels gargantuan though. Hopefully some street trees will help to narrow it, but it feels like a bigger intersection than Broad & High at the moment and the building setbacks aren’t helping.

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

There is a fence up around the lot just west of the new CVS with construction crew digging…does anyone know whats going on here?

futureman
    Participant

Finally!

Nationwide Children’s Hospital buys neighboring KFC for $2.25M
    Premium content from Business First by Carrie Ghose, Staff reporter
    Date: Friday, January 20, 2012, 6:00am EST

After years of trying, Nationwide Children’s Hospital has finally gotten control of the Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant across from its expanding campus on Columbus’ east side. The restaurant closed Jan. 15 after Children’s bought it for $2.25 million.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/print-edition/2012/01/20/nationwide-childrens-buys-neighboring.html

leftovers

I think they got played, the German Village, Broad St and Grandview KFC locations were all closed at the same time due to financial issues at KFC.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Even if that KFC location closed, the company would have sat on the land waiting for a sale. Could have even leased the space to another restaurant.

Children’s Hospital didn’t get played at all. They had to pay a premium for that corner.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 119 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: