Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Nationwide building 5-story office at Front and Nationwide

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Nationwide building 5-story office at Front and Nationwide

This topic contains 81 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by MichaelC MichaelC 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Author

Pickerington_Kyle
    Participant

man, I really want this museum to be a possiblility.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

Walker said:
    No we don’t.

the wexner is cool but, it is more of an exhibition center, not really a museum in the traditional sense with a permanent collection…more like a gallery on steroids.

n8

columbusmike said:
    Yes, especially with the parking garage right next door, most of the Nationwide employees won’t venture out much without their SUV’s.

Hopefully, with traffic as bad as it is, some Nationwide employees will maybe consider buying a house downtown to shorten their commute and keep their good job.

I work at Nationwide. I don’t own an suv, and I am a home owner in the short north. 3 of my neighbors in my building also work at Nationwide. Several of my co-workers live at the 60(?) spring street building and in german village.

Ask anyone who works at the north market if Nationwiders ever venture out of the building. They are flooded with the likes of us on our lunch breaks.

no offense, I’m just saying your generalization isn’t accurate especially when it comes to Nationwide employees who don’t have any children. I am guessing this is due to the quality of education in the burbs.

Now if somebody could talk our CEO into moving annuity operations downtown I would be a happy man. the commute to Dublin every morning is killing me.

swinzo1010
    Participant

I work at Nationwide. I don’t own an suv, and I am a home owner in the short north. 3 of my neighbors in my building also work at Nationwide. Several of my co-workers live at the 60(?) spring street building and in german village.

+1

I also work at Nationwide and ride the bus or bike to work downtown.

futureman
    Participant

For those who like to see historical photos I finally got around to scanning this photo of the building that used to stand at Front and Maple. Maple doesn’t really exist anymore, but it used run from Neil to High and around the Chipotle on Front.

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx159/futureman0/img001_zpse64bacf3.jpg

The picture was taken in 1954 and I don’t think it’s been publicly viewable before. The building was demolished in the 60’s and turned into the former surface lot that Nationwide built this new building on.

News
    Participant

Jan 29, 2014, 2:58pm EST
    Columbus offering Nationwide $10M tax incentive, including for jobs already moved
    Brian R. Ball
    Staff reporter – Business First

The city of Columbus is offering Nationwide Mutual Insurance Co. a tax incentive agreement estimated to generate more than $1 million a year for the insurer over a decade.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/blog/2014/01/columbus-offering-nationwide-10m-tax.html?ana=RSS&s=article_search

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.