Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

National Night Out - 5XNW

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat National Night Out – 5XNW

• This topic has 17 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Zyro.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

5XNW
    Participant

Bike Tour Route with YayBikes! is set!
    We are highlighting two(2) green spaces (parks) under development – and one of the project sponsors (food!) Press Grill as we ride around the neighborhood!

Initial surveys of the area rated green space as the #1 “ask” so we’ve always tried to incorporate this aspect into all of our developments which have fallen under zoning review – but these are the first two opportunities we’ve had to have dedicated green space (not metro parks) underway!

Here more about the details at our National Night Out event – starting at 630pm with local speakers highlighting the green space – followed by the YayBikes! tour of 5XNW starting at 730p – out in front of the church! Meet us at 1150 W. Fifth Ave. inside or out!

5XNW
    Participant

Tomorrow is the day!
    Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
    Should be a great event!
    Try to park on the street & save the “up close” parking for the vendors, the First Responders (we have a fire truck coming) and the other church group that will be there that night!

Zyro
    Participant

Hello!

So glad to see 5XNW being proactive! Highly underrated area.

I just want to throw this out there just in case you have any say in this kind of matter: I think 5th Avenue is a PRIME contender for road diet. Would love to see 5th become less car-oriented and even more walk-able and bike friendly. That stretch with four lanes is so totally unnecessary and terrifying for drivers as well as bikers.

Also, any big plans for the old Giant Eagle? I understand (unless I’m mistaken) that GE still owns the lease. That spot is prime for mixed use and walking-friendly development.

Lots and lots of potential on 5th. I hope things come together to make an even more awesome neighborhood.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Take care!

Edit: Oh no! I missed the event!! I can’t believe it…..thought that post was posted today and not on the 3rd :(

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Urban Living Tour returns (with strict safety guidelines) on Aug 30!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS