Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Hae-Paul's restaurant Downtown (formerly Natalie's Diner)

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Hae-Paul's restaurant Downtown (formerly Natalie's Diner)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

reelfreak
    Participant

The “closed for remodeling” signs on the windows have been replaced with a sign that says “Natalie’s Diner” coming soon. Sorry, that’s all I got.

db

Stopped in today. Picked up an order of jap chae noodles and bulgolgi- all of it’s great (as expected).

Menu as of second day includes calamari and pork mung bean cake appetizers, curried lentil and butternut squash soups, chopped salad, caesar salad, and a variety of fusion sandwiches like a “Korrito”, and one delicious dish that consists of cider braised brisket, caramelized onions, romaine, avocado, and swiss all on brioche.

Sides include slaw, baked beans, and fries… a couple of large entrees including bulgogi and brisket hash (with fried egg, avocado, and jalapeno toast).

All in all, a solid starting lineup that definitely fills a void for interesting food in the block between State and Broad on N. 4th.

More..

Paul Yow Leaves Barcelona to Launch New Restaurant

mrpoppinzs

Went there today, really nice lunch option downtown. A really creative menu.

staindson7
    Participant

can’t wait to try!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

db said:
    Stopped in today. Picked up an order of jap chae noodles and bulgolgi- all of it’s great (as expected).

Menu as of second day includes calamari and pork mung bean cake appetizers, curried lentil and butternut squash soups, chopped salad, caesar salad, and a variety of fusion sandwiches like a “Korrito”, and one delicious dish that consists of cider braised brisket, caramelized onions, romaine, avocado, and swiss all on brioche.

Sides include slaw, baked beans, and fries… a couple of large entrees including bulgogi and brisket hash (with fried egg, avocado, and jalapeno toast).

All in all, a solid starting lineup that definitely fills a void for interesting food in the block between State and Broad on N. 4th.

More..

Paul Yow Leaves Barcelona to Launch New Restaurant

Cool, thanks for the review! They’re doing a super soft launch this week to prepare for opening next week. Good to hear the food is great from day one! :D

News
    Participant

Natalie’s a casual spot for classic American, Korean fare
    By GARY SEMAN JR.
    ThisWeek Community News
    Wednesday November 14, 2012 12:11 PM

Paul Yow and Hae Ran had comfortable jobs with one of the city’s top-rated restaurants. Two weeks ago, they traded that security and comfort for a place of their own. The husband and wife, who worked together at Barcelona, have opened Natalie’s, a casual American and Korean restaurant in downtown Columbus.

READ MORE: http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/stories/2012/11/13/tabletalk.html

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Update: I just spoke with owner Paul Yow, who said that they are changing the name from Natalie’s to Hae-Paul’s effective immediately. The signage will be changing over the next week, along with menus and website.

http://nataliesdowntown.com/

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Great news all around. I also hope they get rid of the blinds; people assume the restaurant is closed because the blinds always seem to be shut.

budser1228
    Participant

I ate there for lunch today and had the pulled pork special. It was very good. They are now open for dinner on Thursday until 8, Friday and Saturday until 9. They also have beer and wine available now.

geoyui
    Participant

budser1228 said:
    I ate there for lunch today and had the pulled pork special. It was very good. They are now open for dinner on Thursday until 8, Friday and Saturday until 9. They also have beer and wine available now.

oh, that’s good to know about their dinner hours. I’ve been meaning to stop by for a while now.

staindson7
    Participant

I’ll admit I’m a foodie & I have tried this place three times now and it is very delicious, unique, reasonably priced and has friendly service! I welcome them downtown and wish them much success and longevity. I am hooked on the Korrito, a Korean-American burrito fusion that has tender seasame beef, rice, carrots, onions, lettuce, a dab of soybean hummus, then grilled and soy sauce for dipping. It is not quite as big as a Chipotle burrito, but a close and comes with a choice of a side (I prefer their homeade potato wedges (chips) as my side. We are lucky to have another unique independent restaurant so check them out.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I tried it out for lunch about a week ago and really enjoyed the Pork Bulgogi Sandwich. Was contemplating the Korrito, but will save it for another trip.

I too hope that they do well, as this location feels like one of those “hidden in plain sight” type of places, but I’m hopefully wrong. ;) Either way, I’ll certainly be back soon for more!

News
    Participant

Restaurant Review: Hae-Paul’s
    Published on February 27, 2013 10:00 am
    By: Miriam Bowers Abbott

There are all sorts of reasons to like Hae-Paul’s downtown. First, it’s got bona fide royal lineage in the local dining scene: the restaurant is the start-up project from Chef Paul Yow, a chef fresh off a fifteen year tenure at Barcelona. Second, Hae-Paul’s is a family run business; it’s owned and operated by Yow and his wife, Hae Ran.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/restaurant-review-hae-pauls-ma1

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Hae-Paul’s turns one today! Huzzah! :D

SJT
    SJT
    Participant

I ate there for the first time this week and loved it. Great vegetarian& even vegan options. I will certainly be back! My friend hosts wine tasting events there as well that are on the first Tuesday of every month I believe. Those would be worth checking out as well!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: