Our City Online

Messageboard - Food & Drink Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Naming Contest for New Drink Menu at Hubbard Grille

Home Forums Events Food & Drink Events Naming Contest for New Drink Menu at Hubbard Grille

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #88784
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

    Press Release:

    Become Legendary with Hubbard Grille

    How will they do this? It all starts with the nine new unnamed fall cocktails Hubbard’s mixologists added to their already extensive drink menu. Each was personally designed using fresh, local ingredients including the use of products by OYO and Watershed Distillery.

    Whether the guests personally try one of the unique cocktails for themselves or not, every one is invited to devise their own creative moniker for one or all nine drinks. They can do so while dining or online on Hubbard’s Facebook page.

    The naming continues until November 6 and the general public is encouraged to vote for their favorite names on Facebook, too. On Thursday, November 10, the top 27 names (3 per drink) based on the Facebook voting will be judged by a panel of celebrity judges including Columbus Underground Feature Writer Melanie McIntyre, Alive editor Kristin Schmidt, WSYX/Fox 28’s Johnny DiLoretto, NBC 4’s Monica Day, and 614 Magazine editor Travis Hoewischer.

    The final winning names will be sealed and kept secret until Wednesday, November 16, when Hubbard Grille will hold a legendary event to introduce the finalists and announce the 9 winning names.

    This is a fun and innovative way to engage not only Hubbard’s regular customers, but the entire community. Every winner will not only gain legendary status on Hubbard’s menu but also will win a $50 gift card to celebrate their newfound fame with friends.

    MORE: http://www.facebook.com/HubbardGrille

    #466833

    cc
    Member

    Sigh…brings back memories of Suzie Waud at WNCI rattling off these promos at the Continent. (Yucatan Liquor stand!!)

    Innovative this is not, especially in an Arts District.

    #466834

    carson1221
    Participant

    I was in there this weekend and saw the contest. All of these drinks were created by the bartenders on staff. I think this is a great way to not only incorporate the staff’s creativity but the guests, too. If you go to the website you can see all the drinks being made and how much pride they take in their work. This is a classy affair.

    #466835

    colsguy77
    Member

    carson1221 said:
    I was in there this weekend and saw the contest. All of these drinks were created by the bartenders on staff. I think this is a great way to not only incorporate the staff’s creativity but the guests, too. If you go to the website you can see all the drinks being made and how much pride they take in their work. This is a classy affair.

    I had not realized that they used so many local ingredients. And Jenny is like a short north icon… best bartender in Columbus if you ask me. That pumpkin pie drink will make me happy on so many levels.

    #466836

    colsguy77
    Member

    http://vimeo.com/30527520
    The video for the pumpkin drink… looks so good… so good. What does it say about me that I want a cocktail at 9:00 in the morning?

    #466837

    JonMyers
    Participant

    colsguy77 said:
    I had not realized that they used so many local ingredients. And Jenny is like a short north icon… best bartender in Columbus if you ask me. That pumpkin pie drink will make me happy on so many levels.

    Nobody will ever suspect you’re talking to yourself.

    #466838

    JoeG
    Member

    After looking at this on Facebook its nice to see some new drinks being created… Definitely going to try one or two of these next weekend… I LOVE that local distillery and ingredients are being used!

    #466839

    JoeG
    Member

    JoeG said:
    After looking at this on http://www.facebook.com/HubbardGrille its nice to see some new drinks being created… Definitely going to try one or two of these next weekend… I LOVE that local distillery and ingredients are being used!

    #466840
    Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

    Welcome to the forum all at once, JoeG, colsguy77 and carson1221.

    lol.

    #466841
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

    cc said:
    Innovative this is not, especially in an Arts District.

    I guess I don’t really see the problem. Local restaurant has their bartenders create new cocktail menu. Asks for public input in the naming process and holds a contest. Participation isn’t mandatory.

    #466842

    Cookie
    Member

    colsguy77 said:
    http://vimeo.com/30527520
    The video for the pumpkin drink… looks so good… so good. What does it say about me that I want a cocktail at 9:00 in the morning?

    Look at all of those fresh, local ingredients!

    #466843

    berdawn
    Member

    That spice came from Kroger, maybe even the Weinland Park Kroger.

    #466844

    Twixlen
    Participant

    Snarf said:
    Welcome to the forum all at once, JoeG, colsguy77 and carson1221.

    lol.

    It’s almost painful, right?

    When will these people ever learn?

    #466845

    Twixlen
    Participant

    Fun drinks are great… goodness knows, I’ll drink ’em. And I’m sure this event will be great – but the best bartenders in Columbus are making infusions, and innovating, and practically homebrewers… several steps beyond dumping some pineapple in vodka.

    #466846

    cc
    Member

    Walker said:
    I guess I don’t really see the problem. Local restaurant has their bartenders create new cocktail menu. Asks for public input in the naming process and holds a contest. Participation isn’t mandatory.

    I am only suggesting that they ‘think [drink] outside the box’. They use the word ‘innovative’, it would be cool to back it up. That is some cheesy ad copy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘Food & Drink Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.