Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Nada - Arena District Restaurant

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Nada – Arena District Restaurant

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Press Release:
    DAVID FALK TO OPEN NADA COLUMBUS ON SATURDAY, DECEMBER 27

(Cincinnati, OH; December 15, 2014) — After months of designing, menu planning and training, David Falk and Boca Restaurant Group announce the opening of Nada at 220 W Nationwide Boulevard in Columbus. Nada, a high energy, design-forward Mexican-inspired concept in the heart of the Columbus Arena District will open its doors on December 27, 2014.

“We couldn’t be more excited to finally open Nada in Columbus,” said Falk. “There has been such an outpouring of support from the community since we announced we were coming to Columbus and we can’t wait for everyone to see, taste and experience Nada.”

Nada’s menu features a contemporary take on Mexican cuisine. The Columbus menu will include multiple new dishes like the pastor taco with chili marinated pork, pickled white onion, and guajillo Diablo sauce, and the arrachera taco with black bean puree, guacamole, crema, rajas, and chihuahua cheese. The menu also offers riffs on classic American dishes like Mexican mac ‘n cheese with roasted poblanos and the Nada sliders with steamed onions and jalapenos. Weekend brunch guests can dine on chorizo & egg enchiladas, eggs goettadicto with pico de gallo, and French toast with bananas in caramel and candied almonds.

Since 2007, Cincinnatians have enjoyed Nada, a restaurant known for its approachable menu – a twist on modern Mexican cuisine – complemented by a lively atmosphere. The new 6,229 square foot space boasts 156 seats, an open kitchen and a glowing wall displaying nearly 200 bottles of tequila, the Mexican concept’s signature spirit. When the weather warms up, the expansive outdoor space at Nada will offer 64 seats surrounded by overflowing planters and music.

Dinner service will kick-off at Nada on Saturday, December 27. Nada is open Monday-Thursday 11 a.m.-10 p.m., Friday 11 a.m.-12 a.m., Saturday 10:30 a.m.-12 a.m. and Sunday 10:30 a.m.-10 p.m. Lunch and dinner are served daily and brunch is served Saturday and Sunday. Starting Friday December 19th, reservations may be made online at http://www.eatdrinknada.com or by calling 614-715-8260.

News
    Participant
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Anyone made it in yet? Anne and I got to try it out during a little media event last night. The food and drinks we sampled were all pretty tasty (shout out to the al pastor tacos and mango chile margarita), and the decor looks really nice as well. While it’s a little early to utilize the patio, I can see it being popular this summer. It runs the length of the building, has a nice skyline vantage point, it will be shaded from the summer sun, and will have a lot of energy when Arena District events are occurring. Looking forward to all of that. ;)

Chrysee
    Chrysee
    Participant

We went the day after they opened actually. We were going to the TSO concert and it was the only place we could get in quickly. We were in a bit of a hurry so we just ordered the first thing that looked good. I had shaved ribeye tacos (I forget the actual name on the menu) and the hubs had the pork belly tacos. They were both pretty great. The Mexican mule cocktail was also really good. We’ll go back at some point I’m sure. It is definitely more pricey than Bakersfield for example but it’s a different atmosphere too. I realized after that I’ve been to the one in Cinci while at a conference and really enjoyed it. I’m glad they came to Cbus.

surber17
    Participant

Went for lunch yesterday….. Awesome food and beautiful build out

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Made it over Friday night. It was absolutely packed when we were seated at 9:30.

Food was very good. Tacos are tasty and filling; but are a step behind Bakersfield in terms of taste, IMO.

Really enjoyed the atmosphere and build-out. With all the new office workers and residents in that block, that patio will be great in warmer months.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Decor looks really nice.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE