Our City Online

Messageboard - Columbus Festivals

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

ComFest 2013 - June 28, 29, & 30

Home Forums Events Columbus Festivals ComFest 2013 – June 28, 29, & 30

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 132 total)
  • Author

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

The last few years of Comfest have been relatively dry, so although I was there for the great monsoon 10 (?!) years back, I’m looking for tips on riding out the weekend in the rain.

News
    Participant

Local Music Week: EYE & Barely Eagle
    Published on June 27, 2013 12:30 pm
    By: Briana Henry

For me, when it comes to good rock and roll it always the harder, the better. With these two rough local outfits, I have to remind myself that some of these dudes are taken. There are so many bands with buzz that scientists are studying these dudes to explain the disappearance of bees around the world. Buzz, buzz. But it is rare to find one that lives up to their reputation. Cue EYE. Without so much as batting an eye (see what I did there?), EYE now rests among the elite heavy bands of Columbus looking down on those clobbering to make it to the top. Matt Bailey of EYE explains why they’re more than just a “metal Pink Floyd.”

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/local-music-week-eye-barely-eagle-bh1

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

mrsgeedeck said:
    The last few years of Comfest have been relatively dry, so although I was there for the great monsoon 10 (?!) years back, I’m looking for tips on riding out the weekend in the rain.

I remember that monsoon and trying to stick it out but it just became too much and we bailed.
    It could be a muddy mess if this off and on rain continues, everyone will be vying for the sidewalks etc so that could be interesting.
    I’m thinking about packing a tarp in the old back pack just in case.

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

Porky said:
    I remember that monsoon and trying to stick it out but it just became too much and we bailed.
    It could be a muddy mess if this off and on rain continues, everyone will be vying for the sidewalks etc so that could be interesting.
    I’m thinking about packing a tarp in the old back pack just in case.

That monsoon was epic. I’m definitely packing a tarp and a sandwich bag or two to keep my cell phone dry. I’ll probably buy a poncho as well since it’ll be easier to move around in than carrying an umbrella through the crowd.

The past few years the weekends have been so dry I’ve felt bad for the grass getting worn down to dirt, this year I worry it’ll just get smushed to mud. Glad we have Comfest clean up crews and Friends of Goodale Park to keep things looking nice.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

TheWorldNeedsMoreLove said:
    Pedal Instead, adding your vehicle to a spectacle that inspires: 100s of cycles glistening in the sun in the corral where you can add your piece to the community work of art.

Just make sure you get there early. Our corral is filled to capacity by the early evening. Our volunteers are always awesome and will hustle to get you in and out as quickly as we can.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

hope everyone held on for that last 10 mins.

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

first report:
    the dirty biscuits were so good no-one cared it was storming

No T

GW_Justice said:
    “Though many people bring dogs along, the crowds and loud weather make it uncomfortable for most pets.”

Loud weather? Not sure if they intended to say hot weather or loud music. I wish the author would have added “irresponsible” to describe people who bring pets to the ComFest.

I suppose it might be irresponsible to sit in front of loudspeaker stacks with your dogs…actually its probably bad for the both of you. Probably irresponsible to pull your dog through a tight crowd of people…paws might get crunched or run over by a mega stroller. In our experience weather is manageable, for both you and the dog. This is all understood by many people who own pets that like to socialize.
    I find it irresponsible to leave our dog alone at home for extended periods. Especially a dog that you can tell really enjoys being social. If he was a prick around people I’d find other options, but saying it’s irresponsible to bring a dog to a park (ComFest) in general is asinine. There’s plenty of space and plenty of shade for everyone. So, don’t get your panties all in a bunch when you see a dog at ComFest enjoying the outside and wonderful spaces that the City has created for everyone that lives here.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

No T said:
    but saying it’s irresponsible to bring a dog to a park (ComFest) in general is asinine.

groundrules
    Participant

No T said:
    There’s plenty of space and plenty of shade for everyone.

Since you’ve never been before, I encourage you to read the ‘sneaking beer in’ thread and to try a fishboat.

ricospaz
    Participant

vestanpance said:

+1000

turnedNOTburned
    Participant

For me dogs are aren’t a problem (I understand they discourage it) if and only if, you’re on a blanket with them, out of the sun, they’re not high bite risk, and they (and hopefully you) have plenty of water.

If you can’t keep them off the hot pavement, and out of other people’s spaces, and keep them curbed, please don’t ruin it for the rest of us who do.

No T

groundrules said:
    Since you’ve never been before, I encourage you to read the ‘sneaking beer in’ thread and to try a fishboat.

Have been before. Scanned that thread…amazed it went as far as it did.

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

mano, PLEASE tell me you went today, friends or no . . .

sneaky friends is no valid reason to miss a party this good, especially with how excited you seemed for it.

News
    Participant

Local Music Week: The Girls!
    Published on June 28, 2013 8:25 pm
    By: Briana Henry

My introduction to The Girls! occurred on a drunken night at Skully’s as they were one of Alive’s Bands to Watch earlier this year. All hopped up on wine, I was drawn into what The Girls! were about with this video.Their talent further absorbed into my brain after hearing one song; this song stuck in my head like gum, ya’ll. Using the latest technology AKA Facebook Messenger, Jessica Wabbit gave me some insight into her band. Also pay attention to a quotation from Miss Wabbit, as it is related to an answer Lydia Loveless, her sister, provided.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/local-music-week-the-girls-bh1

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 132 total)

The forum ‘Columbus Festivals’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION