Our City Online

Messageboard - Columbus Festivals

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

ComFest 2013 - June 28, 29, & 30

Home Forums Events Columbus Festivals ComFest 2013 – June 28, 29, & 30

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 132 total)
  • Author

roy
    Participant

RedStorm said: people were just sitting around drinking and/or smoking. Not really my thing.

It’s a park, with music and beer, neither of which are customarily permitted in the park. So yeah, there’s some sitting. BUT THERE ARE TWIRLERS TOO DAMMIT.

AngelaMotorman
    Participant

The 2013 Community Festival Program Guide is now online. Go to http://www.comfest.com/program-guide.php
    for a link to the full 64-page book, along with a link for the 40 year history published last year.

Be sure to check out this year’s Honorees, the full schedule of workshops, and the list on the back page of the ways ComFest gives back to the community that supports it.

Then — please — go back to the front page
    http://www.comfest.com/index.php
    for the link to the volunteer application, and sign up to help staff this volunteer-run festival. Remember: ComFest beer tastes better when it’s paid for with a white token — and you can only get that by volunteering!

Happy ComFest, all y’all!

ricospaz
    Participant

I’ll be there all weekend, to see bands and just to people watch. and drink beer.

Rusty1
    Rusty1
    Participant

Comfest 2013 will be my 20th in a row, I’m only going this year to volunteer early Saturday its changed to much for my liking but hey who gives a fk rite?

Villager

Lotta great bands this year, but here who’s at the top of my list:

TOBIN-WILCOX– Friday nite (really fun songs)
    TEEN FICTION– Friday nite (dance til you drop)
    DEWDROPPERS[/url] – Saturday nite (rockin’ swing)

Rusty1
    Rusty1
    Participant

Not a bad lineup imo, nice to see ekoostik hookah on the bill, willie phoenix yawn…what no watershed??? Oh I see Colin’s playin with the bones, I just mite have to put a 420 smile on for 3 strange days.

The Saturday afternoon Offramp lineup is particularly strong this year (yeah, I’m a little biased). The Heavy Handed get to jumpstart things at noon after the kid-friendly Shazzbots, followed by Brujas del Sol[/url] (fun pysch) and the Kyle Sowashes[/url] (venerable Columbus).

Then head over to the Bozo stage for EYE at 5pm. Done and done.

News
    Participant

Five Tips for an Awesome ComFest
    June 14, 2013 by Joe Vargo

ComFest is coming June 28-30! Held in Goodale Park for each of the last 41 years, ComFest is a celebration of community, peace and togetherness – and most of all – live local music. This free event offers six stages of music, playing from noon to around 10 p.m. We’ve got five tips to help you make the most of your ComFest experience, whether it’s your first time or 41st time.

READ MORE: http://www.experiencecolumbus.com/blog/index.php/2013/06/14/comfest-is-coming-june-28-30/

GW_Justice
    Participant

“Though many people bring dogs along, the crowds and loud weather make it uncomfortable for most pets.”

Loud weather? Not sure if they intended to say hot weather or loud music. I wish the author would have added “irresponsible” to describe people who bring pets to the ComFest.

ricospaz
    Participant

GW_Justice said:
    “Though many people bring dogs along, the crowds and loud weather make it uncomfortable for most pets.”

Loud weather? Not sure if they intended to say hot weather or loud music. I wish the author would have added “irresponsible” to describe people who bring pets to the ComFest.

Hey, he/she might have been a little high when it was written.. haha

Pablo
    Participant

Also, Comfest hasn’t been in Goodale for 41 years.

befohio
    Participant

CleanUp and Recycling needs volunteers! Please consider pitching in to help keep Goodale Park clean….most volunteers needed for evening shifts and early morning hours. (free tokens/and a groovy t-shirt for your efforts)….Grazie, obrigado, muchas gracias, thank you!)

News
    Participant

Local Music Week: Psychic Wheels
    Published on June 26, 2013 10:15 am
    By: Briana Henry

Psychic Wheels gets their own post because they consistently blow my mind and eardrums each and every time I make the worthwhile trek to see them play. After witnessing their performance at Double Happiness last weekend, they’ve solidified the top spot on my short list of favorite bands in Columbus. There’s fuzz, distortion, Spencer Morgan’s monotone singing voice which is sometimes interrupted by yipps and yelps, and Molly screaming at the end of “No No”, I just can’t help myself. It surpasses charming and ends up in a pile of distortion cords and a tangible blob of fucking awesome. I emailed Spencer some questions about this band that is far too underrated for its own good.

Psychic Wheels perform on the Offramp stage on Friday at 7PM. Do not miss it.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/local-music-week-psychic-wheels-bh1

News
    Participant

Local Music Week: Comrade Question & Cadaver Dogs
    Published on June 25, 2013 1:30 pm
    By: Briana Henry

This week marks local music week here on Columbus Underground as well as the countdown to my favorite festival in Columbus, Comfest. Given the daunting task to choose the five top bands not to miss at Comfest, I realized I had to make it ten. This year’s lineup tops last year’s so much so that choosing only ten bands to profile was a bit intimidating. Every day this week, we will feature two local bands who will play this weekend’s festival of good food, good music, and women who should really reconsider their decision to go topless.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/local-music-week-comrade-question-cadaver-dogs-bh1

News
    Participant

Press Release:
    Take COTA to ComFest
    Extra High Street service added

COLUMBUS, Ohio–The Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA) will provide expanded service during Community Festival (ComFest) in Goodale Park, Friday, June 28-Sunday, June 30, 2013.

More buses will be available at ComFest on Friday and Saturday nights to assist customers with leaving the festival area quickly and efficiently.

Additional COTA buses will operate northbound and southbound on North High Street between Goodale and 5th Ave on Friday and Saturday until midnight and on Sunday until 10 p.m. The #21 Night Owl operates along High Street, 7 p.m.-3 a.m., every 30 minutes.

COTA provides additional buses during ComFest so festival-goers can avoid traffic and parking hassles and reduce the impact additional traffic brings to the Short North and Victorian Village neighborhoods.

The following bus lines can take passengers to ComFest:

· #2 N. High
    · #3 Northwest Blvd. (Friday and Saturday)
    · #4 Indianola/Parsons
    · #5 W. 5th Ave.
    · #7 Neil/Whittier
    · #8 Hamilton/Frebis
    · #18 Kenny
    · #21 Night Owl, Friday and Saturday only

Festival activities and planned street closures will require re-routes of certain bus lines starting at 6 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and 4 p.m. on Sunday. Lines #2, #4, #5, #7 and #8 will re-routed. Re-routes are as follows:

Lines 2, 4, 5, and 8 South-bound
    East on 5th Avenue, south on Summit Street, west on Chestnut Street and south on High Street

Lines 2, 4, 5, and 8 North-bound
    East on Nationwide Boulevard north on N. 4th Street, west on 5th Avenue and north on High Street

Line 7 North and South-bound
    North-West on Spring St, north on Front, west on Nationwide and north on Neil to the regular route. South-South on Neil, east on Nationwide, south on High St.

Follow COTA on Facebook and Twitter by visiting Facebook.com/COTAbus and Twitter.com/COTAbus.

For more information, go to http://www.cota.com or call (614) 228-1776.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 132 total)

The forum ‘Columbus Festivals’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE