Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

La Plaza Tapatia - My favorite mexican place gets a good write up

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining La Plaza Tapatia – My favorite mexican place gets a good write up

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tenzo
    Participant

I don’t know all of Columbus. But hands down, the best mexican food I have found is La Plaza Tapatia.

True, it’s a hole in the wall. True their is a language barrier and it’s best if you speak spanish. But for me, that just makes it better and reminds me of the places I miss in Chicago.

Quote:
    LaPlaza Tapatia has every Mexican dish you can think of plus a whole lot more.

I suppose La Plaza Tapatia could be called a hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant. But what a large wall!

http://www.thisweeknews.com/live/content/food/stories/2010/08/18/menu-gabenton.html?sid=104

GeorgeFox

That place is awesome!

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Checked this out on Saturday. It was excellent. Everything from the chips and salsa (and complimentary queso) to my entree was really good. Kind of wish there was an english menu, but I struggled through it.

Would definitely recommend to anyone who doesn’t mind a menu in spanish.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I know this place has been around for a long time (notice the date bump) but my wife and I checked it out for the first time yesterday. It was fantastic. We shared the MIOLCAJETE and managed to polish off most of it and didn’t eat for the rest of the day. I’m still not 100% sure what one of the cuts of beef was, but it all was really well seasoned and tasty. It seemed to also be a very popular dish as I saw a lot of them coming out of the kitchen. I’m excited to go back and try out some of the egg dishes on the menu. I have a reason to go to the West Side!

Edit: I was given a English menu.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION