Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Three Sheets Bar — Replacing T Murray's in Brewery District

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Three Sheets Bar — Replacing T Murray's in Brewery District

This topic contains 57 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  turbo ninja 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Shame.

Although last time I was in there the asswad denim vest wearing bartender made me leave a bad tip and I NEVER EVER leave bad tips. Consciously avoiding your patrons is a bad look.

That eggplant stack though, RIP eggplant stack.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

This sucks!

I would have liked one more round of those awesome little grouper sliders, easily my fave fish sammich in the city!

I’ll miss this place.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Three Sheets to replace T. Murray’s

Brewery district restaurant T. Murray’s has closed, but won’t stay dormant for long. Dive bar concept Three Sheets is scheduled to open at 560 S. High St. within the next four to six weeks.

Co-owners Jenny Adams, Bryan Kilpatrick and Missy Adams got the keys to the restaurant earlier this week, and plan to spend the next month flipping the space from a classy restaurant to a lowbrow bar. “We want to respect the building and the woodwork,” says Jenny, adding changes will be purely aesthetic, including adding high top tables, dart boards, pool tables upstairs and TVs. Patio seating will be replaced by a standing rail to encourage socializing outside. “[We just want to] dive it up a bit.”

READ MORE: http://www.columbuscrave.com/content/stories/2014/05/three_sheets_bar.html

News
    Participant

Three Sheets Coming this Summer to The Brewery District
    June 5, 2014 1:16 pm – Ayana Wilson

The name means exactly what you think. And if you’re going to name a bar after a heightened sense of inebriation, it better be a dive bar. And Three Sheets Bar will be just that.

The project of Novak’s alumnus, Jenny Adams, and Melissa Adams and Bryan Kilpatrick, Three Sheets hopes to bring some low brow class to the eclectic neighborhood, offering craft beers, bar games, and a limited menu.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/three-sheets-bar-coming-this-summer-to-the-brewery-district-aw1

ntn
    ntn
    Participant

Seems like a definite downgrade from T Murray’s. That area already has several of the Three Sheets type of bars.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Seems like a definite downgrade from T Murray’s. That area already has several of the Three Sheets type of bars.

All in the Brewery District, no less.

I just don’t get it.

bayrea
    Participant

There’s a dive bar (kinda) directly next door that has been around for decades and pulls in a pretty strong crowd. Good luck with that.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

High Beck is a little divey. What else? Victory’s?

I can’t think of “several” but maybe I’m overlooking some.

Slainte
    Participant

There are a few other ‘dives’ elsewhere in the village: Beck Tavern, Hey Hey… but both of these draw their loyal regulars that I don’t see converting to Three Sheets.

I am happy to see something move into this space, T Murray’s interior was beautiful! And I must admit that I myself was never that impressed with the T Murray’s concept. As a former old Novak’s patron (down with new Novak’s), the nostalgic side of me is thrilled that they are trying to bring back that vibe, but I have to imagine that is going to be a difficult sell next to our beloved High Beck.

Either way, best of luck!

turbo ninja
    Participant

I hope this means a smaller but better crowd for the High Beck. The d-bags who want a “dive-themed” bar can go to Three Sheets, and the normal people who appreciate an actual divey bar with great bartenders and passable food can stay at the High Beck. If there are two guys in that neighborhood who get my goodwill, it’s Tommy and Wayne.

three sheets
    Participant

We actually do know the definition of a dive bar… and we probably should have used the word dive in a better context. It would be more appropriate to say we want to dive it up a bit. It was kind of an upscale restaurant space before, and we are opening a true drinkers bar and serving some good bar food. And we are very happy to have High Beck, a great classic dive bar, as our neighbor. The link below has a little more information about what we want to do, and what type of food we’ll be offering.

http://www.columbuscrave.com/content/stories/2014/05/three_sheets_bar.html

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

There are a few other ‘dives’ elsewhere in the village: Beck Tavern, Hey Hey…

I guess I was thinking more about The Brewery District / High Street rather than on the other side of German Village (or Schumacher Place).

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I hope this means a smaller but better crowd for the High Beck. The d-bags who want a “dive-themed” bar can go to Three Sheets, and the normal people who appreciate an actual divey bar with great bartenders and passable food can stay at the High Beck.

That seems pretty unnecessarily harsh and mean-spirited. Especially to direct toward a place that hasn’t even opened yet.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

^^Sheesh man! Every bar in town has “d-bags”, college kids, whatever you want to call them.

This is my bar. There are many bars like it but this one is mine…..

jpdefelice
    jpdefelice
    Participant

People giving bad reviews of a place that hasn’t even opened is laughable…likely people who nobody would want in their bar anyway. I’ve been in that space when it was T Murray’s and it’s a great spot with an up and downstairs bar. Can’t wait to check it out!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Drink beer and support Columbus Underground! Join us on Saturday, September 29th to sample coffee-infused beers!

CLICK HER FOR TICKETS & INFO