Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Three Sheets Bar — Replacing T Murray's in Brewery District

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Three Sheets Bar — Replacing T Murray's in Brewery District

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • Author

bing

Hi everyone, I was riding my bike in the Brewery District yesterday and noticed a place next to High Beck, looks like it’s called Murray’s? Does anyone have info on this? It looked kind of nice on the inside, it looked pretty close to opening too (i.e stocked bar, cash register set up, napkins/silver on the table)… Also, that specific location never seems to do well so I wonder how this one will fare.

I’m intrigued.

We are glad that you spotted us, bing.

The name of the restaurant is:

T Murray’s Bar and Kitchen

Our address is 560 S. High Street.

Our phone number is 614-824-2301.

We are opening for business on Monday, July 11 at 11:00 AM. We are offering lunch, Monday through Friday and dinner, Monday through Saturday.

We have a great menu, wonderful cocktails, friendly staff and comfortable atmosphere.

Come in to check us out!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Congrats on the opening tomorrow! I’ve been watching the construction for some time. ;) Looking forward to checking it out!

tolemac5050
    Participant
    Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I went for a preview night last Thursday to try out the menu. The food was excellent…

My favorite was an “eggplant stack” appetizer that was phenomenal, layers of fried eggplant with cooked spinach and cheese in a bordelaise sauce, so good! I also enjoyed the crispy pancetta in the mussels, although the broth could be punched up a bit.

I ordered a main of a breaded chicken breast that was served below arugula and tomato salad with a potato fennel gratin and asparagus. My date had red snapper atop a white bean mixture that was really tasty, impressive portion v price.

Kinks were minimal in terms of service, but were expected for a preview. I’m sure they’ll have everything ironed out in no time. I’m definitely looking forward to a return trip.

Thanks for helping us practice, Snarf!

We received a lot of nice comments from the volunteers that helped us out during our preview.

The website will be updated soon with the menu and photos that show what our dining and bar areas look like.

patient_zero
    Participant

Snarf said:
    I went for a preview night last Thursday to try out the menu. The food was excellent…

My favorite was an “eggplant stack” appetizer that was phenomenal, layers of fried eggplant with cooked spinach and cheese in a bordelaise sauce, so good!

My date had red snapper atop a white bean mixture that was really tasty, impressive portion v price.

The eggplant sounds great. I’m a sucker for fried eggplant, when it’s breaded and fried or baked long enough, and not rubbery. This reminds me of Buca di Beppo’s Eggplant Parmesan, with its thin layers of crispy vegetable.

The bean base sounds like a white bean ragout, an inexpensive but tasty show stopper that’s right up your alley, Snarf. A good ragout will transform a tasty protein – chicken, pork, fish – into a satisfying and memorable meal. Have you ever made ragout in the Snarf kitchen?

Congratulations to T Murray’s Bar and Kitchen for a seemingly successful opening! You have my respect for introducing yourself on this board – it’s very inviting.

tolemac5050
    Participant

cc

Will definitely have to try them out soon.

lolafish

Beautiful bar… great new place for happy hour

drew
    Participant

Always liked Tony when he was at Lindey’s, eager to check out T Murray’s.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

patient_zero said:
    The eggplant sounds great. I’m a sucker for fried eggplant, when it’s breaded and fried or baked long enough, and not rubbery. This reminds me of Buca di Beppo’s Eggplant Parmesan, with its thin layers of crispy vegetable.

The bean base sounds like a white bean ragout, an inexpensive but tasty show stopper that’s right up your alley, Snarf. A good ragout will transform a tasty protein – chicken, pork, fish – into a satisfying and memorable meal. Have you ever made ragout in the Snarf kitchen?

Congratulations to T Murray’s Bar and Kitchen for a seemingly successful opening! You have my respect for introducing yourself on this board – it’s very inviting.

yes! ragout is the word i was looking for..but when i mentioned the portion being impressive i was referring to the size of the snapper itself.

i’ve never made a ragout, but have made some tasty indian dishes with beans likely reminiscent of same.

i wish i had that eggplant stack in front of me right this minute.

Bear
    Participant

Went there tonight to check it out. Lovely space with some good food on the menu (Snarf, you talked me into the eggplant stack—and thank you!). Tony may be Columbus’ answer to Sam Malone from Cheers!—an incredibly personable, garrulous guy who makes you feel welcome right away. Despite the size and how crowded it was, it felt almost like we were all in Tony’s living room… which I think might be the idea.

hungrywoolf
    Participant

Very impressed with the service, some interesting menu items and love the space. My only wish would be for some sound proofing. All the hard surfaces made it very loud and a little hard to converse at our table.

Effective last night, we were able to utilize the entire restaurant space for the first time.

We appreciate everyone’s patience while we put some finishing touches on the interior.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE