Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE
Viewing 7 posts - 391 through 397 (of 397 total)
  • Author

spyder33

I like Mouton, but the service has been horribly inconsistent. For a space that small and the price point this seems inexcusable. Hopefully the new owners will tighten up the operations. From the Crave article it appears they have little or no prior restaurant experience…..

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Via FB:

Gallery Hop is going to be a cold one tonight. Luckily, we have many hot cocktails to keep your bodies warm.

howatzer
    Participant

spyder33 said:
    I like Mouton, but the service has been horribly inconsistent. For a space that small and the price point this seems inexcusable. Hopefully the new owners will tighten up the operations. From the Crave article it appears they have little or no prior restaurant experience…..

Apparently they haven’t.

This used to be our go-to spot for a pre-dinner drink and a munchy but the problem is that it now takes an hour just to receive a drink. A couple drinks and a plate? allow 3 hours. And it’s not that busy.

Under Yusef the service wasn’t lightening fast either. But you could tell it was because they were taking care with your order, making it perfect. It was part of the experience. The new management just clearly doesn’t know what they’re doing. Even worse, they treat mistakes and things like taking 30 minutes to get you a bill after you ask for one as par for the course, without apology.

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

@howatzer when was the last time you were in? A friend of mine and I went about two weeks ago and had no complaints about the service or how they handled mistakes (accidentally poured me a Chardonnay instead of a Riesling) . The guy working behind the bar was friendly and courteous, took our orders in a timely manner, and didn’t rush us when we ordered a second glass close to close. This was after getting subpar service and wine at Camelot.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

I’ve had nothing but great experiences here.

JAL
    Participant

I went there for the first time a couple weeks ago and the service was excellent. I was actually quite impressed with the attention the bartender did pay to his customers. I thought they were right on top of everything. Similar to Mrsgeedeck, it was after some bad service received at Camelot.

howatzer
    Participant

well I guess we’ve just been unlucky.

Viewing 7 posts - 391 through 397 (of 397 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE