Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 397 total)
  • Author

michaelcoyote
    Participant

jarsloth wrote >>
    The friend I was with just happened to be friends w/ the Collier West folks, so that’s how we got ours free. Just happened in at the right time w/ the right company :)

The best of circumstances :-D

jarsloth
    jarsloth
    Participant

michaelcoyote wrote >>

jarsloth wrote >>
    The friend I was with just happened to be friends w/ the Collier West folks, so that’s how we got ours free. Just happened in at the right time w/ the right company :)

The best of circumstances :-D

Indeed!

suziwest
    Participant

If you haven’t seen the space, check out this video. Criticisms at me welcome: it was my first ever video…I just got my mini-cam! But you should check out the space for yourself. Our Lillet on the rocks was great and a taste of truffle prosciutto was pretty mind altering.

http://su.pr/3jRX4N

drew
    Participant

suziwest wrote >>
    truffle prosciutto

Oh really?! I do like the sound of those two words together.

catnfiddle
    Participant

FANTASTIC time there this evening! Met with Rockmastermike, Takeasiesta, Tourist19 and one of her friends. The service was accommodating and knowledgeable. The cocktails were exceptional and the snacks were sumptuous. Our wonderful host checked in on us twice and chatted happily. I’ll have to try the coffee sometime soon.

takeasiesta

catnfiddle wrote >>
    FANTASTIC time there this evening! Met with Rockmastermike, Takeasiesta, Tourist19 and one of her friends. The service was accommodating and knowledgeable. The cocktails were exceptional and the snacks were sumptuous. Our wonderful host checked in on us twice and chatted happily. I’ll have to try the coffee sometime soon.

I concur. Fantastic space, great cocktails – I had the Lillet and a couple of French Martinis (Tito’s vodka, chambord and pineapple juice). Really fantastic service. Can’t wait to get coffee there. We had a really great time and were very satisfied with the speck and the cheese board. The only thing I worry about is that there isn’t a lot of seating in case they get slammed with customers. Not sure the best way to rectify that but it’s something to think about for the future. Again very cool unique space and I wish Yusef and the staff of MOUTON well.

michaelcoyote
    Participant

drew wrote >>

suziwest wrote >>
    truffle prosciutto

Oh really?! I do like the sound of those two words together.

I think you might actually mean the truffle salumi.

“Is it good?” you ask. The gods weep.

tourist19
    Participant

takeasiesta wrote >>

catnfiddle wrote >>

I concur. Fantastic space, great cocktails – I had the Lillet and a couple of French Martinis (Tito’s vodka, chambord and pineapple juice). Really fantastic service. Can’t wait to get coffee there. We had a really great time and were very satisfied with the speck and the cheese board. The only thing I worry about is that there isn’t a lot of seating in case they get slammed with customers. Not sure the best way to rectify that but it’s something to think about for the future. Again very cool unique space and I wish Yusef and the staff of MOUTON well.

Yes indeed fun was had! My Gin Fizz was both ginny and fizzy (two thing I like very much) and the French Martini was delicious. The aged goat cheese was to die for and the speck was a revelation. The space is beautiful and the company was lovely :-) All in all a good night.

Andrew Hall

Enjoyed Mouton very much last night. A little cheese and drinks for dessert. Lively, though not crowded, which I believe was a lull between waves. A perfect end to a child-free evening of movie + Rossi.

A.

dianafour

Our downtime is limited, Melaine and I finally got to Mouton yesterday. What a treat!! Thanks for filling a niche’ in the Short North. Everything is perfection. Mouton is on our A list. Congratulations, and thank you for being here. Diana Lessner Melaine Mahaffey, Mary Catherine’s Antiques.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I too, finally had the opportunity to check out Mouton last night. Been a while since I had a Negroni and I enjoyed it so much that when I got home, I had a little more Campari. Also got a spider of OYO (don’t tell the Better Half). It isn’t flavorless enough for me to call it vodka, and that is a good thing!
    Like the space (nobody yellin’ at the TV!), service was top notch-a great concept and well executed!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Finally *officially* made it to Mouton last night. ;) Good times. Yusef (and Co.) have done a really amazing job of transforming that space and creating a really unique atmosphere for Columbus. We were only there an hour or so, but had fun. Anne ordered a Champagne Cocktail and I had a Mary Pickford (Rum, Pineapple, etc).

Will be back again soon. ;)

short pants

Went last weekend with that guy a few posts up :-P
    It was awesome, the cocktails were perfect, and the ppl who worked there/owned it (?)were great to talk to
    Will definitely be back!!!!
    A++++++++++++++++++

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Went today for a few cappuccinos and Pistacia Vera croissants today. Perfect way to spend Sunday morning while watching the snow fall.

Andrew Hall

Very good evening at Mouton last night. Cris Dehlavi (also of M and Middle West Spirits) is helping take their cocktail program to a higher level. She was mixing last night and everything was spot-on. My friend and I were quite happy.

The food options have also expanded with various classic anti-pasti items (there is also a weekend brunch with items like salads made with greens from Ohio’s own superstar farmer, Lee Jones.)

I will also add – since this comes up a lot – customer service was great. And the bar scene was quite lively. Good stuff.

As summer hits and our calendar actually has free spots for just relaxing, I look forward to stopping in. Part of the fabric of the SN which makes me love living here.

A.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 397 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE