Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 397 total)
  • Author

Mercurius
    Participant

from Twitter

Quote:
    moutononHigh- Today I welcome our liquor and food service licenses. Opening day is just around the bend…

gramarye
    Participant

So aside from that one page … what’s Mouton?

Mercurius
    Participant

gramarye wrote >>
    So aside from that one page … what’s Mouton?

French Wine & Artisan Cheese Shop Opening Soon

gramarye
    Participant

W0u7!

(That’s “w00t” au francais.) ;-)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I stopped in the other day and the space looks amazing! Yusef was hoping to be open by tomorrow, but I hadn’t heard if that’s official. He may have a few more final details to wrap up, but it sounds like he’s ready to be open any minute now. ;)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Rick Carraway wrote >>
    Linky.

A loaf of bread, a jug of wine and thou. Now add artisan cheeses and gourmet cured meats, and you have the core menu offered by Mouton, which is expected to open sometime next week in the former Ohio Art League space at 954 N. High St.
    Owner Yusef Riazi is betting that Columbus palates will be won over with Mouton’s combination of artisan foods paired with light and bright European wines.
    “It’s not tapas or appetizers,” Riazi said. “This is a very specific vision that revolves around beautiful breads, cheeses and cured meats.
    “Anywhere you go in Europe, this is how people eat,” he said. “They sit down with meat, bread, cheese and a carafe of wine.”
    Some of the meats – which include pancetta, prosciutto, and salami – will come from gourmet producers such as Fra’Mani in Berkeley, Calif., and La Quercia in Norwalk, Iowa. Selections from Niman Ranch of Alameda, Calif., which supplies natural meats to Chipotle, probably will be on the menu as well.
    The cheese will come from closer to home.
    “There will always be an Ohio cheese on the menu,” Riazi said. As for the rest, “I’m drawing a line across Wisconsin, and all of the cheese will come from east of there, all the way over to Vermont. They’re doing wonderful cheeses in this area.”
    The bread will be made by a local baker using fresh, seasonal ingredients, and the menu will grow and change in response to customer feedback.

columbusguy20
    columbusguy20
    Participant

Just read the comments about the story and some people think of that area as ‘sketchy’ and that this place will be in the ‘Obit file’ within a few months! LOL!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

surber17
    Participant

columbusguy20 wrote >>
    Just read the comments about the story and some people think of that area as ‘sketchy’ and that this place will be in the ‘Obit file’ within a few months! LOL!

A European store with bread, cheese and wine……. there’s a good chance I’ll keep this business running on my patronage alone :)

crsimp01
    crsimp01
    Participant

He seems like a guy with a great head on his shoulders…I can’t imagine it not working.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

crsimp01 wrote >>
    He seems like a guy with a great head on his shoulders…I can’t imagine it not working.

It’ll work fine. Dispatch commenters are a bunch of mouth-breathing morons. I can’t wait for this to open.

the_gila
    Participant

I’ve been walking by every chance I get to watch the progress – can’t wait for the opening!

Massey

I know it was only scheduled to open on Tuesday but has anyone been yet? Is it open? If so, I am hoping to walk down tonight.

TaraK
    Participant

I’m so glad CU & threads like this exist to remind me of such things. Totally forgot. Think I may try to go by this week.

aaminian
    Participant

Not open yet. Think he’s aiming for this weekend.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 397 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns with a “Curated Take Home Box Experience”

CLICK HERE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER