Our City Online

Messageboard - Transportation

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Mound Street Connector Project - I-70/71 Split Fix

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Transportation Mound Street Connector Project – I-70/71 Split Fix

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Looks like it’s almost ready to open.

NEW PHOTOS: https://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-october-2014-part-2

News
    Participant

Mound Street Connector Set to Open, 4th Street Exit From I-70 to Close
    November 2, 2014 9:47 am – Brent Warren

Travelers approaching Columbus from the east on I-70 will have a new way of entering Downtown starting on November 8th. The Mound Street Connector, which includes a large “fly-over” exit ramp that takes cars over Parsons Avenue and I-71, opens for business on the 8th. The current 4th Street exit from I-70 west will close permanently at 8pm on the 7th.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/mound-street-connector-set-to-open-4th-street-exit-from-i-70-to-close-bw1

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Nice view of Downtown from the ramp:

Analogue Kid
    Participant

I don’t drive this ramp regularly but according to my co-workers it has been a complete failure in terms of reducing backups and travel time. Too bad, that’s a lot of money to be spent for nothing.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I don’t drive this ramp regularly but according to my co-workers it has been a complete failure in terms of reducing backups and travel time. Too bad, that’s a lot of money to be spent for nothing.

I thought the point of the split fix was to reduce accidents?

dmiranjr
    Participant

I drive this way every day. The furthest left hand land is currently closed. Once (If) they open that up the backups should ease.

Pablo
    Participant

There’s a strange lane configuration and jog in the westbound lanes between 4th and 3rd. I suppose this will eventually disappear once the one-way pairs of Mound and Fulton are completed.

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)

The forum ‘Transportation’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!