Our City Online

Messageboard - Transportation

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Mound Street Connector Project - I-70/71 Split Fix

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Transportation Mound Street Connector Project – I-70/71 Split Fix

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Looks like it’s almost ready to open.

NEW PHOTOS: https://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-october-2014-part-2

News
    Participant

Mound Street Connector Set to Open, 4th Street Exit From I-70 to Close
    November 2, 2014 9:47 am – Brent Warren

Travelers approaching Columbus from the east on I-70 will have a new way of entering Downtown starting on November 8th. The Mound Street Connector, which includes a large “fly-over” exit ramp that takes cars over Parsons Avenue and I-71, opens for business on the 8th. The current 4th Street exit from I-70 west will close permanently at 8pm on the 7th.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/mound-street-connector-set-to-open-4th-street-exit-from-i-70-to-close-bw1

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Nice view of Downtown from the ramp:

Analogue Kid
    Participant

I don’t drive this ramp regularly but according to my co-workers it has been a complete failure in terms of reducing backups and travel time. Too bad, that’s a lot of money to be spent for nothing.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I don’t drive this ramp regularly but according to my co-workers it has been a complete failure in terms of reducing backups and travel time. Too bad, that’s a lot of money to be spent for nothing.

I thought the point of the split fix was to reduce accidents?

dmiranjr
    Participant

I drive this way every day. The furthest left hand land is currently closed. Once (If) they open that up the backups should ease.

Pablo
    Participant

There’s a strange lane configuration and jog in the westbound lanes between 4th and 3rd. I suppose this will eventually disappear once the one-way pairs of Mound and Fulton are completed.

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)

The forum ‘Transportation’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE