Our City Online

Messageboard - Transportation

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Mound Street Connector Project - I-70/71 Split Fix

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Transportation Mound Street Connector Project – I-70/71 Split Fix

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author

heresthecasey
    Participant

The red line isn’t going away, that’s how you would continue straight on I-70 West, not exiting to downtown.

The current (quite dangerous) exit ramp to 4th St will be what’s removed.

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

heresthecasey said:
    The red line isn’t going away, that’s how you would continue straight on I-70 West, not exiting to downtown.

The current (quite dangerous) exit ramp to 4th St will be what’s removed.

If you look closely, the red line is the line to represent the 4th street exit. I didn’t see it at first, but now that I paid attention, it is indeed the 4th street exit.

Mike Hansen said:
    Nice video. Can someone confirm that the red line on the map at the beginning of video will come down once the Mound street exit is operational.

Yes, the ODOT 70/71 website (Click here.)says that the 4th street exit will close. (Second bullet point)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Some new demo/construction photos here:

Construction Roundup: August 2013

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Work continues on the support walls and structures for the flyover exit ramp. Might be seeing some steel beams going in soon?

Photo from here: https://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-november-2013-part-2

lattethunder
    Participant

Am I the only one who’s strangely excited by this? Hopefully, easier freeway Access to the eastern portion of downtown leads to more businesses (and maybe some infill???? just a little??) in the area. There are soo many awesome empty store fronts!

columbusmike
    Participant

I’m curious how the treatment of the downtown collector roads will be addressed. Hopefully the design of the medians, curbs, landscaping, etc are more than ODOT standard.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

lattethunder said:
    Hopefully, easier freeway Access to the eastern portion of downtown leads to more businesses (and maybe some infill???? just a little??) in the area.

The design guidelines have been set to help encourage smart development in this area:

Downtown Leaders See Opportunity in Southeast Gateway

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

The I-beams are up over Parsons and connected to Mound. The concrete deck comes next.

Photos: https://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-may-2014-pt-2

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

T-YounGenG
    Participant

All I WANT TO KNOW IS WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PICKING UP ALL THE TRASHES ON HIGHWAY CURBS? THEY”VE BEEN HURTING MY EYES, DON TELL ME I HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE NEXT SPRING. AND THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD ENFORCE THE LAW THAT TOTALLY BANNES LITTERING, THAT IS SO UNCIVILIZED BEHAVIORS FOR A DEVELOPED NATION.

jbcmh81
    Participant

All I WANT TO KNOW IS WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PICKING UP ALL THE TRASHES ON HIGHWAY CURBS? THEY”VE BEEN HURTING MY EYES, DON TELL ME I HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE NEXT SPRING. AND THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD ENFORCE THE LAW THAT TOTALLY BANNES LITTERING, THAT IS SO UNCIVILIZED BEHAVIORS FOR A DEVELOPED NATION.

Is it any worse than typing in all caps?

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

So much for the September 30th, 2014 opening date!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)

The forum ‘Transportation’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE