Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

More condos coming to the Arena District

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development More condos coming to the Arena District

This topic contains 82 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by King Gambrinus King Gambrinus 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I think there’s some interesting history to the Boat House, being nearly 60 years old. I think a major renovation combined with a mid-rise hotel + parking deck on the existing surface lot behind the restaurant would be an amazing project. ;)

Of course… just SimCitying ideas over here…

I think there’s some interesting history to the Boat House, being nearly 60 years old. I think a major renovation combined with a mid-rise hotel + parking deck on the existing surface lot behind the restaurant would be an amazing project. ;)

I didn’t know it was owned by the city. I wonder if an opportunity has ever been suggested to local developers…

WJT
    Participant

I think a mid-rise(or even high-rise) building with a parking deck would be ideal for this location. Could even be a mixed use building with hotel and residential above that. The views would be spectacular. If they could actually extend the greenway to include extra green space around the confluence of the rivers, providing actual park space at the confluence(floodplain greenway space) and connecting it with the rest of the new greenway extending south along the river, that would be fantastic.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I didn’t know it was owned by the city.

I don’t believe it is. Privately owned.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>I_am_Father_McKenzie wrote:</div>
    I didn’t know it was owned by the city.

I don’t believe it is. Privately owned.

The auditor’s website says it’s been owned by the city since at least 1938.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

The auditor’s website says it’s been owned by the city since at least 1938.

Huh. The “About Us” info on the Boat House website indicates it’s privately owned:

http://www.boathouserestaurantoh.com/about-us

The Boat House is proud to be a part of Specialty Restaurants Corporation (SRC). Founded in 1958 by David Tallichet, SRC is family-owned and provides customers with beautifully appointed restaurants and facilities with breathtaking panoramic views of city skylines, waterfronts and airports. SRC holds an impressive portfolio of 21 award-winning restaurants throughout the United States. SRC Event Group has over 50 years of experience in hospitality, providing on and off-site event production, coordination and design services for corporate and special events, making for flawless, unforgettable celebrations.

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

If someone can figure out how to build nice 1100-1200 sq ft condos for $200,000 or less, near downtown, they’ll have an unlimited supply of customers.

King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

“breathtaking panoramic views of city skylines, waterfronts and airports.”

I love a good panoramic view of an airport. So calming.

Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.