Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

More condos coming to the Arena District

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development More condos coming to the Arena District

This topic contains 82 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by King Gambrinus King Gambrinus 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Very nice addition to the western edge of the skyline! Just wondering if the 4 story parking garage is going to have enough spaces for the other two phases or is it strictly going to be parking for Parks Edge?

Sounds like it will accommodate future phases and probably other uses in the short term.

69 units in the building…

… 327 spaces in the garage. ;)

Josh Bauman
    Josh Bauman
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Stephen43215 wrote:</div>
    Very nice addition to the western edge of the skyline! Just wondering if the 4 story parking garage is going to have enough spaces for the other two phases or is it strictly going to be parking for Parks Edge?

Sounds like it will accommodate future phases and probably other uses in the short term.

69 units in the building…

… 327 spaces in the garage. ;)

With that logic (and I’m assuming 1.5 parking spaces per unit (?) since they’re condos and not apartments) I would make the following prediction:
    Bldg 2: 12 stories, 69 units (mirror of the first building)
    Bldg 3: 14 stories, 79 units (same footprint, 2 additional floors to get height over bldg 2)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

Green light from the downtown commission this morning…
    http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/11/17/Downtown-commission-approves-projects.html

The commission also approved a certificate of appropriateness for the first phase of Nationwide Realty Investors’ Parks Edge condominium project at the northeast corner of Spring Street and Neil Avenue in the Arena District.

Nationwide plans to begin work soon on the first of three residential buildings, a 12-story, 69-unit condominium unit. The commission approved a four-level parking structure, too.

News
    Participant

Brian Ellis on Parks Edge, NRI’s Proposed 12-Story Condo Building
    November 16, 2015 8:30 am – Brent Warren

Last week, Nationwide Realty Investors announced plans to build a 12-story residential tower at the northeast corner of Spring Street and Neil Avenue. The 12-story building, which would add 69 luxury condominiums to the Downtown market, will be presented to the Downtown Commission at its November 17th meeting.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/new-arena-district-condos-bw1

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

NRI posted some new renderings from different viewpoints of the proposed tower and parking garage.

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

Josh Bauman
    Josh Bauman
    Participant

Ah, so it’s a skywalk that connects the building and parking garage. Slick

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

I still think there is a need for a restaurant in the first or second phase. Something like the M over at Miranova.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

No disagreement.

I’d add that it’s perhaps time to consider converting the existing event space along the river into a bar/restaurant, as well.

Josh Bauman
    Josh Bauman
    Participant

No disagreement.

I’d add that it’s perhaps time to consider converting the existing event space along the river into a bar/restaurant, as well.

With a newly re-connected Scioto Greenways I think North Bank pavilion will see a lot more action, though an expansion of facilities to include food vendors (or something at Batelle Park) would help to activate the entire length along downtown

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Precisely.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

With a newly re-connected Scioto Greenways I think North Bank pavilion will see a lot more action, though an expansion of facilities to include food vendors (or something at Batelle Park) would help to activate the entire length along downtown

The North Bank Pavilion is one of the hottest wedding venues Downtown. It gets booked up fast, and they host events nearly every single weekend. I’d wager the city makes some good money from it, as does the local private companies that are related to the wedding planning process.

If anything, I’d say a separate restaurant space should be added. And maybe 2 more North Bank style event venues for rentals.

I’ve also often thought about what a great opportunity exists with the Boat House / Confluence Center space. If the restaurant there could be developed into a tall hotel and event facility, it could have some incredible views of the skyline and great riverfront access. Needs some big upgrades though. ;)

Josh Bauman
    Josh Bauman
    Participant

I’ve also often thought about what a great opportunity exists with the Boat House / Confluence Center space. If the restaurant there could be developed into a tall hotel and event facility, it could have some incredible views of the skyline and great riverfront access. Needs some big upgrades though. ;)

That’s been the topic of many studio projects at the Knowlton School (https://ksamedia.osu.edu/work/241665)

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

All fair points, Walker, and if the result is just more in that immediate vicinity while maintaining an unfettered venue space, I’m obviously all on board.

And those renderings are extraordinary.

ohbr
    Participant

My biggest complaints with Boat House/Confluence Park have always been

1. How underutilized and dated it is
    2. The fact that there is no real park at Confluence Park. Except for all the park-Ing spaces.

What a great opportunity there is for a city asset rather than something that is just there. I had consider per it for my own wedding but despite the stunning views, I felt just ‘blah’ about the venue. Now, there would likely need to be some reworking of the river itself since the free ways project didn’t extent any further but it looks like The Knowlton team has taken that into account.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 83 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.