Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

More condos coming to the Arena District

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development More condos coming to the Arena District

This topic contains 82 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by King Gambrinus King Gambrinus 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 83 total)
  • Author

Rahburts
    Participant

^^ oh, if only the tree medians on Neil Ave had been retained.

I agree- what a missed opportunity to have a grand avenue in that area of the arena district. It feels like a highway feeder and is a nightmare on a bike.

sgraysf
    Participant

I would guess that the majority of the new influx of residents interested in living downtown would expect to find high rise opportunities both for sale and for rent. They would also expect views of the skyline and/or waterways and/or other attractions. I personally would be disappointed to have a handful of options thrust at me touting 4 or 5 story buildings with room for my F10 PickUp truck at my doorstep. I can find that anywhere.

J.Benner
    Participant

Looks like we should be hearing more on this development soon; Standard Parking recently informed the monthly parkers that the lot will close effective December 1st.

Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

Looks like we should be hearing more on this development soon; Standard Parking recently informed the monthly parkers that the lot will close effective December 1st.

Thanks for the info. It seems odd they would close the lot before any projects have even gone to the city for approval.

Likes Old Houses
    Participant

I hope you are correct, but maybe it has to do with this?

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=784844

wpcc88
    Participant

I hope you are correct, but maybe it has to do with this?

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=784844

I doubt it, my guess is for site prep. Plenty of public space in the commons to use for “Winter Park.”

heresthecasey
    Participant

NRI has been working on preliminary review/approval for the project with city departments for the last few months. From what I’ve heard, expect a final plan to go before the downtown commission before the end of the year.

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

Any idea on what they invision for the project? Will this be a high rise with steel and glass or a midrise with brick?

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

Plans finally announced! Let the height complaints begin, looks like we’re only getting 12 stories
    http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2015/11/05/nationwide-realty-going-forward-with-34m-12-story.html

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

For a frame of reference, the condo tower that just sold out–as the article notes–is 20 stories tall.

_calebross
    _calebross
    Participant

Plans finally announced! Let the height complaints begin, looks like we’re only getting 12 stories

http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2015/11/05/nationwide-realty-going-forward-with-34m-12-story.html

Since when have height complaints been such a bad thing? NRI 100% has the resources to build a 20+ story development and have shown that it can be done. 12 stories is “better” than 6 stories, but realistically the demand for the condo market has shown that 20+ story towers can be filled.

CB_downtowner
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Josh Miller wrote:</div>

Since when have height complaints been such a bad thing? NRI 100% has the resources to build a 20+ story development and have shown that it can be done. 12 stories is “better” than 6 stories, but realistically the demand for the condo market has shown that 20+ story towers can be filled.

Because the comment is made multiple times in literally every single proposal downtown. Including really solid proposals like this one that aren’t even off high st.

dalias
    dalias
    Participant

For a frame of reference, the condo tower that just sold out–as the article notes–is 20 stories tall.

After about a decade?

ohbr
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Josh Miller wrote:</div>

I’m not sure that still having unsold condos 10-15 years after opening is a good argument for the condo market being able to sustain a 20+ story condo building. But, now that there aren’t two large condo properties competing for the same market and the economy has rebounded a bit, that demand may be there. I would take the 12 stories to mean that NRI is still a bit hesitant to bite off another North Bank, especially with all the upcoming in PenWest. I’m sure they have very competent analysts weighing a larger building and the current market and aren’t blatantly ignoring the market for a shorter building.

Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

Honestly with all the recent announcements I was expecting around 6 stories. So 12 isn’t bad. I look forward to seeing the renderings.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 83 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.