Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Monday Night Ride Tonight!!!!

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Monday Night Ride Tonight!!!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 296 total)
  • Author

LauraA

i have blackburn mars lights on my bike. i’ve only changed the headlight battery once. i’ve never had to change the blinky light battery. the only bad thing about the headlight is i’ve had it fall off when i hit some of the mad potholes on high st when i was going pretty fast. it also might not have been clipped on all the way. the set was about $30. knog lights are a good choice too, but i think maybe a bit more expensive.

you’ll want something waterproof in case you get caught in rain.

blammo
    Participant

LauraA wrote i have blackburn mars lights on my bike. i’ve only changed the headlight battery once. i’ve never had to change the blinky light battery. the only bad thing about the headlight is i’ve had it fall off when i hit some of the mad potholes on high st when i was going pretty fast. it also might not have been clipped on all the way. the set was about $30. knog lights are a good choice too, but i think maybe a bit more expensive.

you’ll want something waterproof in case you get caught in rain.

did you get that light set at Baer? I’ve had mixed experiences in there, but I’ll give him another shot.

shmack

blammo wrote Not to take anything away from the Monday Night Raw (er…Ride), but since I have limited availability on Mondays, and I have several friends that are getting back into riding but may be a little intimidated by the scope of those rides…maybe we could get together a smaller, more laid-back ride, say 5-7 miles or so on another night.

When y’all do this, let me know. In a week or two, I’ll have a cute lil cruiser to hangout on.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

shmack wrote

blammo wrote Not to take anything away from the Monday Night Raw (er…Ride), but since I have limited availability on Mondays, and I have several friends that are getting back into riding but may be a little intimidated by the scope of those rides…maybe we could get together a smaller, more laid-back ride, say 5-7 miles or so on another night.

When y’all do this, let me know. In a week or two, I’ll have a cute lil cruiser to hangout on.

Call me when you get it. I cruise around the hood frequently and I’ll tell you…all of my short rides end on the swingset. Post bike ride swingsetting is the slam. :D

Motorist
    Participant

There is also Paradise Garage next to Northstar Cafe. Not sure of their hours though.

BrianG

shmack wrote

You already pick something out? There have been a lot of decent bikes on Craigslist lately.

As for lights, I only use a rear blinkie anymore. I haven’t had any problems with cars or police. If I were riding alone in dark areas a lot I would probably use a front light though.

Motorist
    Participant

BrianG wrote Performance Bike at Sawmill and Snouffer is open until 9p. They have a good selection and cheap prices, but are a big corporation.

This is where I just bought my bike. The lady that helped me was great, especially considering that I walked in 5 minutes before they closed. They had a clearance sale going on last week so my ride was about $170 off of msrp.

I went to B1 and they were very helpful but when I asked for an entry-level bike, they showed me something for $750. :shock: The bikes they had were very nice but nicer than I need right now.

blammo
    Participant

Motorist wrote There is also Paradise Garage next to Northstar Cafe. Not sure of their hours though.

is that a real bike store? i thought they were a “lifestyle” store that had a bike for a prop in the window…haven’t been there though, I’ll go walk by it.

shmack

BrianG wrote

shmack wrote

You already pick something out? There have been a lot of decent bikes on Craigslist lately.

Sort of, yeah. I need an upright commuter bike. And I can’t do an A frame because I want to keep my pubic bone in one piece. And I need relatively fat tires cuz I need stability. I’ve been looking at the bikes on CL but they tend to be a) fixeruppers, b) too big/small for me, c) road bikes. So, I’m just gonna be me and buy something new that fits my wants & needs.

I was in Paradise Garage and yes, they are a lifestyle store, but they fit my lifestyle. And they have a really stylin’ three speed upright Biria that I want… That said, Indie Pen Dent and I are going bike shopping later this week.

Andrew Hall

blammo wrote

Motorist wrote There is also Paradise Garage next to Northstar Cafe. Not sure of their hours though.

is that a real bike store? i thought they were a “lifestyle” store that had a bike for a prop in the window…haven’t been there though, I’ll go walk by it.

Not a big selection, they have some nice bikes. A really beautiful fixie I wanted, but it wasn’t my size and was too pretty to put a brake on anyway.

A.

LauraA

ooh, shmack, i test rode that biria at earth day. it’s a nice ride. not nearly as fast as my road bike but it will do you good. nicely made and the folks at paradise garage are awesome! they do sell a limited amount of accessories and they are quality brands.

BrianG

shmack wrote That said, Indie Pen Dent and I are going bike shopping later this week.

This is exciting. Two new bicycle chicks and Motorist. Everyone is starting to see the light. Pretty soon we won’t even need that streetcar.

Andrew Hall wrote

Not a big selection, they have some nice bikes. A really beautiful fixie I wanted, but it wasn’t my size and was too pretty to put a brake on anyway.

A.

I really want to stop by Paradise Garage some time, but I am afraid of seeing a new bike I want. I think I am addicted…

You ever get your Swobo?

Motorist
    Participant

Andrew Hall wrote

blammo wrote

A.

I stopped by yesterday for a rear fender. For a small store, they had three to choose from. I talked to them a little at Earth Day on Saturday, they are really nice.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

BrianG wrote

shmack wrote That said, Indie Pen Dent and I are going bike shopping later this week.

This is exciting. Two new bicycle chicks and Motorist. Everyone is starting to see the light. Pretty soon we won’t even need that streetcar.

It’s just you Brian…the chicks all have to get bikes so we can be closer to the one and only Brian G. :wink:

shmack

LauraA wrote ooh, shmack, i test rode that biria at earth day. it’s a nice ride. not nearly as fast as my road bike but it will do you good. nicely made and the folks at paradise garage are awesome! they do sell a limited amount of accessories and they are quality brands.

If LauraA says yes, then YES!! Awesome. Yep, the people there are really super nice. Very accessible, helpful, and totally patient with my gajillion questions.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 296 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: