Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Downtown MoJoe Lounge / Cup O Joe

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Downtown MoJoe Lounge / Cup O Joe

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

ZHC

Mojoe = good ppl, good product & good news

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Update! Cup O’ Joe Downtown has New Hours and Saturday Brunch!

Cup O’ Joe has new hours for Summer and is offering Saturday morning brunch.

New store hours are Mon-Tue 7am to 3pm, Wed 7am to 8pm, Thurs 7am to 11pm, Fri 7am to Midnight and Sat 8am to Midnight.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Huzzah! Been waiting for this! :D

surber17
    Participant

So i’m guessing the demand for new hours has picked up?

lifeliberty
    Participant

it looks like the days and hours coincide with when events happen at the commons to capitalize on the opportunity. (most night time commons events are thurs -Sat)

News
    Participant

Restaurant review: MoJoe Lounge Downtown
    Wednesday July 11, 2012 7:30 PM
    By G.A. Benton

“What a week. Car gets broken into, and now the power goes out on a scorcher of a day. Good things gotta be coming my way.” The sweltering heart of this hard-luck entry from chef David MacLennan’s Twitter account — whose avatar stars a decapitated hog’s head the chef cheekily holds in front of his own noggin — will surely resonate with Central Ohioans forced to endure the cruel and unusual days that ushered in a firecracker-hot early July.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusalive.com/content/stories/2012/07/12/restaurant-review-mojoe-lounge-downtown.html

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

The Columbus Commons Mojoe has become a regular stop for me when I am able to get out for lunch, I love it. The space is beautiful, the food is really fresh and delicious, the service is always really good and I love Stauf’s coffee. A great casual downtown stop.

wygand
    Participant

Does anyone else get the feeling that Cup o Joe might be struggling? The one in German Village has seen better days, the recent remodel was really cheap and feels dark and dingy. Also, there has been more than one occasion where either they haven’t been open for breakfast, or the cook has been late getting in on the weekends….10:30 am late. Not to mention a more limited bean selection.

I have been waiting to see if the downtown location would extend its ours to be open at least during peak hours on the weekends. The commons has been drawing a lot of people for yoga and their other free classes, along with all of the other events going on every weekend. Yet they are always closed.

Here his to hoping that some downtown restaurants will take a leap next summer and give weekend hours a shot!

hivner1

^I feel that way, at least that’s the appearance they are giving. The interior of the Clintonville location seems to be falling apart and they keep cheapening up the non-coffee selections, even going as far to offer cereal as a featured food.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Sounds like they may be losing their mojo.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

I’m sorry to hear that about the German Village and Downtown locations.

As a (too) frequent customer at the Short North spot, I’d say it at least appears to be holding its own.

hivner1

jpizzow said:
    Sounds like they may be losing their mojo.

Door was wide open for that one, nice! My previous comment comes as a devoted patron who has spent, for better or worse, thousands at COJ over the past decade. I want them to succeed.

News
    Participant

Review: Downtown MoJoe Lounge
    Published on November 21, 2012 7:00 am
    By: Morgan Kelley

Coffee? Check. Happy Hour? Check. Weekend Brunch? Check.

The five MoJoe Lounge locations (Short North, German Village, Easton, Downtown and the Airport) are Columbus institutions that mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people. Conceptually, there’s something noble in the attempt to please everyone with everything, but sometimes a few of the offerings can get lost in the shuffle. Take lunch and dinner for example. They might not always be on your radar for a reason to visit MoJoe Lounge, but the Downtown location has actually long served up excellent food since first opening last summer. Their lunch menu includes a great Beet and Apple Salad, Black Bean Burgers for the vegetarians and a Croque Madam made with local meat and cheese. I decided this week that this restaurant provided me with something to thankful for, so I ventured there for a pre-Thanksgiving meal.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/review-downtown-mojoe-lounge

News
    Participant

From here: https://www.columbusunderground.com/mojoe-lounge-closing-easton-location-revamping-other-stores

Additionally, the Downtown MoJoe Lounge at 149 South High Street will be expanding hours soon, with half off bottles of wine and featured small plates on Wednesday nights.

“As more residents move in at Highpoint across the street and the weather starts to break, we plan to be open seven days a week with a dinner menu and late night hours Wednesday through Sunday,” says Swanson. “Maybe sometime in around early March.”

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION